The last 24 hrs, I've been experiencing some sinus pressure & some drainage. The sinus cavities actually hurt this morning. I've also felt very drained. I ran last night in my neighborhood for a change. It was still a little light when I got home so why not... A really white, fluffy dog ran with me. Everytime I pushed my pace up the rather small hills around my neighborhood, the dog would shoot off like a jet. He/she wanted to play so bad. It startled me at first & I shoo'ed it away thinking it would take a chunk out of my legs but it was all fun & games, apparently. It would shoot ahead of me, wait, & then run some more with me. I found myself doing little spurts of speed with it but still overall my pace was slow. I stopped at the 4.39 mark simply because it just got too dark for my comfort zone.
When I got to the gym it was dead. Strange, since it's still Jan. I did a slow 30 mins on the elliptical, light leg & arm weights, & stretched. When I left there, I felt like going straight to bed & I probably should have but I read the "Skinny Bitch" book for a while. That book sure does shoot it straight to you! Apparently, we should all become vegetarians, no meat, not even fish, no dairy, just fruits, veggies, beans, & tons of water. I admit I could easily become a vegetarian if it were not for my love of chicken salads & mexican chicken dinners, but giving up my cheese & fat free chocolate milk would kill my soul. They go into the gory details of how farmers mass produce all our meats & dairy products. How all these animals get shot up with all kinds of drugs & get slaughtered is appalling. We all know those gory details & to be perfectly honest it scares me that our government doesn't have more control over what ends up on the shelves of our grocery stores. It's just disturbing at what goes on & I won't go into it here because I would hate someone to be eating while reading this goofy blog. The authors suggest giving up one thing for a few weeks & then try giving up something else after that. It's a baby steps approach to detoxing your body. They preach water, water, water, NO alcohol, only organic wine. I don't drink beer & rarely have alcohol anyway. Just the occasional martini or margarita. So, I will take a little step by giving up my diet cokes. That's an easy one since I only have maybe 3 a week anyway. (Aspertame is lethal!) I'm also slowly giving up coffee & replacing it with herbal tea. My diet isn't as bad as most people I know but it could use some work that is for sure.
I'm going to get on my soapbox regarding the media. Terrell Owens is the latest victim. It's not enough that the media has created a frenzy surrounding Jessica Simpson & Tony Romo but now they are attacking TO for defending Tony's vacation with Simpson. Geez, they had a bad day, just like the Colts did. Tony Parker (Spurs) & Eva Longoria go through the same thing every time Eva shows up at a game. Drama brings in viewers, of course, but it made me sick at the comments regarding TO speaking up for Tony & the team & he was visibly upset over the loss. Give the guy a break, please.
Today: I will decide on my drive home what I'll do. Right now, I feel like I could go to sleep on my desk.
Wed: I may try to get Carla out again.
Thurs: Not sure
Friday: Rest day
Sat: Attempting 20 miles, God willing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment