Thursday, January 17, 2008

Feels like a Monday

Mark (brother in law) & brother, David @ Disney
Guess it was "Air Force vs Navy"
(You can't kill me from San Antonio, Mark. ha!)


I didn't sleep well last night at all so I caved into the coffee this morning. (Haven't had any since last Sat at Bongo Java) You know it's going to be a "Monday" when you haven't slept well, you spray B & B Works warm vanilla sugar on your hair instead of your body, you spray your detangler on your body, you leave your grapefruit & water bottle on the kitchen table, & an engineer downstairs says as you enter the building, "Lisa, you look tired." I'm feeling a Thursday "rest day". :)

I'm going to beg Dr. Milam for some antibiotics & nasonex on friday. That's the soonest I could get an appt. Since we were actually having some winterlike weather & I didn't feel like getting soaking wet from the snowflakes, I hit the gym last night. 5.5 miles on the treadmill, walking, jogging, running, & speed, yoga ball crunches, arm weights, & stretching. I always put stretching here because it does take up a good bit of my time. It's injury prevention for me. I'm now taking about 15-20 mins to stretch, which includes some pilates/yoga moves. I did feel better last night but not 100%. I didn't have to stop & go gag or spit in the bathroom. I didn't have that drainage feeling into my stomach but I'm still not taking any chances because frankly, I just don't feel all that great. Like I said above, today will be a rest day. Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may try to run outside after the dr's appt. We shall see. At least it will be daylight because I'm not going back to work after the 1pm appt that's for sure.

Going to try to do some serious research on the candidates this weekend. My gut is leaning me toward Huckabee & I don't know why. (No, it's not because he lost all that weight by training and completing a marathon. :P)

I also need to load some songs on my new shuffle. I finally decided to upgrade to the clip-on. The new computer has allowed me to finally upgrade a lot of stuff, camera, garmin, & now shuffle.

Starting to get addicted to the "Cashmere Mafia". It's a tamed down, more sophisticated version of "Sex & the City". I love the scenes of NYC. :)

Still thinking of going to see "The Spirit of the Marathon" movie next Thursday. I think nearly every runner that frequents the strider's message board is going. Maybe it will give me a little inspiration.

Happy "Monday", I mean...Thursday.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I have gotta addicted to Cashmere Mafia too. That is what I watched Tuesday while on my trainer.