Sometimes the best laid plans just don't happen. I had everything laid out but when 1:10am approached & I was not asleep yet, I knew I had better run here. My molars hurt because my sinuses hurt, which in turn gave me yet another migraine. So, add Relpax to the list of drugs in my body. I did not take the durahist yesterday but I used my nasal spray & took the amoxilcillan. I have decided to detox my body over the next 24 hrs. Nothing is going in & I'm drinking the heck out of juice & H2O.
So, around noon, I went to Tims Ford park to talk to God & enjoy nature, like I've done so many times when I've chosen to run my long runs out there. That paved trail is not easy, rolling little hills one right after another. I managed to jog/walk 13.75. The pace was 11:58 but that includes shedding clothes at the 2 mile mark & talking to Kellye P. for probably 5-6 mins. That also included staring at the water a bit. It was gorgeous out there even on a sunny January day.
I think I pulled the muscle on the inside of my left leg in Pilates yesterday morning. It's certainly tender but I think it will be ok in a day or two. My left knee seems achy again, too, but that feeling comes & goes.
For the 1st time ever, I'm on the edge of NOT doing a race I've already paid for....$55. If something doesn't snap in the next week, I'm considering cancelling my room & staying home. Afterall, it's a 6 hr round trip. Then the other side of my brain kicks in...that says, "It's ok if you have to walk a lot, just finish it, get the medal, & chalk it up to a 26.2 mile training run for something else. You'll burn calories & probably enjoy the unknown course." So, I'm torn at this point. I feel like I'm running like an 85 yr old grannie. I've never felt this bad this long. I NEVER get this sick.
So, opinions on this matter are welcome......if any? What would you do?
signed,
Medicine Head
3 comments:
I think you should go for it! Just look at it as 26.2 miles on the book. You've already paid and planned for it. Just go relax and enjoy it!!! But make sure you're feeling up for it first!!
Hang in there! Feel better soon!
run 20, walk off the course and run another day.
Post a Comment