Thursday, March 27, 2008

Paul's bad Tuesday

My very good friend, Paul, had one heck of a Tuesday. He not only had to set a trap for his ex wife's rat in her house, he was a victim of a hit n' run from the front. Note to self, if someone backs into you & the plate is visible, write down the tag # immediately before you get out of the car. I'm just glad that you were not hurt, Paul. I pray for the scumbag because I already know you don't need a prayer. You are truly a good guy! :)


The wreck. Basically happened like this.
There is a series of overpasses on the "Parkway" in Huntsville. I was going to turn left from Governor's Dr to the Parkway. Came up behind this SUV in the turn lane. He'd pulled too far out in the intersection and I saw his backup lights come on. He started back and I figured he'd stop. He didn't. I blew the horn but he kept coming and the back bumper hit my grill and pushed my hood up until it bent a little. I got out of the car, walked up to his window. He was holding a cigarette and looked goofy, like that Napoleon Dynamite guy" He said acting real surprised "Did I hit you?" I said Yes, you caused quite a bit of damage to my hood", He said "Oh No, I'll pull over". By the time I walked back to my door, the light had changed and he took off. I got in my car and started following him but he got the jump on me and disappeared around the wall of the overpass and was on the service road. If I had known he was going to run, I would have gunned the car and followed him but I figured he pull in the first parking lot (a mexican restaurant). I pulled in there and looked for him and realized at that moment that he'd kept going. I went on down to the next logical pull off place and looked for him there, and then I got that sick feeling and called the police.

Scumbag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my story.. except one little detail missing. My kids heard me cuss. A lot.
-Paul