Tullahoma got way less snow than Nashville/Murfreesboro. I was actually not too surprised when I read that the strider's training run for this morning was cancelled.
I drove in the sleet last night & was quite annoyed! :( I was glad I got up in the middle of "Fools Gold". I knew it wasn't that good from the previews but we had free tickets. If that wasn't enough, the theatre was REALLY cold! I ate WAY too much food last night so I was determined to work it off today so I hit the gym.
Before the gym, I noticed it was still snowing lightly as I drove down Jackson. Low & behold I saw a naked legged Terry Q. I honked the horn & waved. He got in 17 miles today in preparation for the Atlanta marathon. I called him later & he's really psyched about it.
After a grueling 45 min pilates class & I truly mean grueling, I did a very slow 1 hr 10 mins on the elliptical. Carla had us using the rubber bands this morning. My legs felt like rubber bands when we finished. (my plank position is still pretty strong, though) I did some weights including some free weights on my arms. On the deathmill I went but for only 2.25 miles running & .25 walking. I had on my slightly worn out saucony Omni's & my left shin was a little sore. I wasn't really in the mood to run today anyway. As I was heading out, Beth from work, told me that the Sommet Center had $10 tickets for tonights women's UT-Vandy game, but everyone I called that would have gone was sick or trying to get over being sick. So, that was out! :(
I won't be getting out with Pam tomorrow due to the fact that she's fighting sickness now. Not sure of the distance but I'm running tomorrow outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment