I managed to get just about everything done on my check list this weekend including getting the bike tuned up. Alex put a new springy screw on the front wheel, adjusted the gears, etc... He said that I should probably bring it back in about 1.5-2 months from now for another adjustment. He gave me a quick lesson on front tire removal & attachment. I needed that lesson bad! I was unscrewing the tire way too much & putting it back on way too tight! I ended up with Keo pedals. He put me on a trainer & had me practice for about 15 mins. I can get out of them quicker than I can get into them, which is fine with me. So, this weekend, along with another check list or two, I'm going to get out on the bike locally. I had tossed around the idea of Natchez Trace but I need to get used to the pedals first. (Plus, I'm already heading to Nashville on Thur for the Gymnastic Olympians at the Sommet Ctr with Pam.)
I managed to make it to the company picnic long enough to get my name in the hat for drawings & pick up free lunch before heading to Pro Cycling. At one point in the weekend, I had Terri J. helping me get the "too tight" tire off & doing blinds again. Ted J. was helping me move furniture. I'm so grateful to have a lot of local, helpful friends during this move. Especially Terri J. She's a master at putting up blinds. The woman has even repaired her roof all by herself!
Lots of work to do, lots of loose ends, but I got a lot done this weekend. It pained me to know there were so many races on Saturday, though. Looks as though some did "doubles" with the Octoberfest 5k & the 11am state park trail race. I called Terry Q. to see if he did the trail race but he opted to stay local & not risk injury. He's running the Denver marathon next weekend. Wayne called me after he finished Chicago. He survived the heat. Obviously, it wasn't as bad as last year but it still got unseasonable hot. I'm starting to think that they should bill Chicago as a "hot marathon".
Until I know what's going on with the stress fracture, obviously, I'm not planning anything. I will know Nov 6th where the degree of healing is at this time. I do know that I wore some flip flops on some concrete recently & the shin ached afterwards, Not Good! Time will tell.......
Tonight: the usual 35 mins aqua jog & 45 min spin class
No comments:
Post a Comment