The excitement of the "Leaves of Lincoln" ride & the moving is catching up with me. I'm an adrenaline junky anyway so this is all making me even more hyper. After a tough 1 hr spin class last night, I skipped the aqua jogging. I spent the better part of an hour packing up my car with various things. I'm taking a car load over & sneaking it into the laundry room. Maybe it won't be in the way of the carpet layers, who knows.... I'm just glad to have a big laundry room for once & that's where the Fuji will be staying.
I've already started thinking about a new route to ride over there. I'm fairly close to the exclusive "Fairways" subdivision now. I can bike my old run route all the way out to Country Club & then out to East Middle. It will take longer to get to the base but I'm trying to build a strong ride base anyway & there are hills out there! A 2009 century ride is definitely on my "to do list".
It's a good thing Terri J. didn't register for "LOL". She fell asleep on her couch late friday night & when she woke she realized she needed to close a blind. While still half asleep, she somehow managed to hit one of her toes on something. It's black n' blue & she's pretty sure it's broken. OUCH!
Tonight's workout will be cut short of what I normally do on Wednesdays. I'm only going to do some stretching & weights. I will be hitting the 5:30am spin class tomorrow morning, but I'll be moving stuff after work. Friday afternoon, Elaine (another adrenaline junky) insists she doesn't need a man to help me move my couch. My couch is bulky more so than heavy. I won't argue with her if she says she can help. She has 10 acres with a 3,000 sq ft cabin on it in Lynchburg. She has worked like crazy renovating that property over the last 2 yrs. She is a freak when it comes to home improvements. I wish I had that much talent, patience, & know how. It sure is nice to have her as a friend because let me tell you, I could write a book on how much she's been an influence on my life. She is nearly 50 & like an older sister to me. I won't do her an injustice by taking blog photos of her during the move but she's a beautiful green eyed blonde with a green thumb & a love of all animals. She has personally nursed two baby squirrels back to health. (Just call her "Elly Mae") :)
Should make for a busy, fun, tiring weekend ahead. yeee haaaa!
No comments:
Post a Comment