Monday, October 20, 2008

My "unbusy" weekend

My goal included getting the last two blinds up. They are up. I organized the office, moved the desk, threw out the rest of the boxes, & organized some old race t-shirts. Even though I gave away & threw out a ton of race t-shirts a while back, I still have way too many that I don't & will never wear.

On Sat, Terri J. & I got out around noonish for a 21.5 mile leisurely bike ride to UTSI & Woods Reservoir. It was fun but getting used to the pedals is going to take time. I toppled over when I came to a stop at the water where cousin, Faith, got married a few years ago. I knocked some skin off my left knee, skinned the side of the handle bars (the black tape), & jammed the crap out of my right ring finger. On what I don't know, it happened so fast. I can get my left foot out easier than my right which tells me the right pedal is slightly tighter. Other than that it was uneventful. We ate mexican & drank margaritas afterwards so I felt better. :P
I'm going to join the Highland Rimmers for some rides. Ron & Fran B. ride some with them & I've known them for years through Billy W. Ron has told me to get a bike & he'd ride with me. So, now's the time! And big news, Carla has a hybrid bike on order from MOAB! Can't wait to get out with her.

I was brave enough to snap a photo of Estill Springs road while riding. ha!
The view of the lake at Woods Reservoir where Faith got married. Taken after I recovered from my goofy fall. Just gorgeous out there this time of year!

I early voted friday. I believe the election has pretty much been decided for weeks now & now that General Colin Powell has thrown his support behind Obama it's definitely a shoe in as far as I can see... I will be glad to see the signs come down & maybe the blocked blogger will find something more positive to do other than go against my wishes of NOT linking his propoganda on my blog. This person is still whining that I used my right to block. Gesh, get a life!

I have a Colin Powell story regarding my ex husband. After 1/1 Cav came back to Katterbach, Germany after the Gulf War, my ex was chosen to carry the colors of the unit in a huge military parade. Powell shook his hand & told him how much he appreciated his hard work. You would have thought Gary had met the President. If there was ever a time during my 9.5 yr marriage that I was proud of Mr. Smith, it was that time. He was instrumental in avoiding a "friendly fire" episode that could have killed his former roommate & friend, James Quinn. (Quinn & I are still in contact to this day.)

I'm not going to say much about the Kansas City game because the fair weather fans are saying it for me. ha! I will say one thing, "Rookie of the year: Chris Johnson"!
Hannah & I have agreed that the Indy game is just not doable for either of us but we are looking at going to the Green Bay game on the 2nd of Nov. It was a BAD Manning week so maybe we have a chance to beat Indy on the 27th. Green Bay will give the Titans a run for their money for sure.

Hannah & Jeff came back Saturday from a scuba diving trip in the Honduras. She said that the locals were rioting in the streets because their electric bills got jacked up enormously. She said it was pretty scary but that they didn't see it first hand since they were in a remote area for diving. Most big planes were blocked from leaving the runways so it was questionable that they'd get to leave on time to get back to work. Yikes!
She asked me about trips to plan for in '09. I told her that if I got into the NYC marathon next year, that would be my BIG trip. I think she'll come with me. Other than that, my GPS system will get me to a beach somewhere I'm sure. So, here's to some long term planning for '09, God willing the shin is 100% healed! For some really odd reason I wanted to take off on it & test it this weekend. I got it in my head I just wanted to do a quick 2 miles to test it. It was like the devil sitting on my right shoulder & an angel sitting on my left arguing. I don't know what came over me! Other than the 21.5 mile bike ride, I did walk for 65 mins on a treadmill last night & I did the elliptical for 20 mins on low impact slowly. (I felt guilty after drinking baileys & hot chocolate during the game!)

I finished "It's not about the bike. My journey back to life." Loved it! I find it interesting that Armstrong would not be alive if he had not got advice from a Vanderbilt doctor to go to Indianapolis for treatment. Go Vandy!

Tonight:
45 min spin class & some ab work

No comments: