Tuesday, December 2, 2008

42 years of random realizing, learning, & knowing…

*Realizing I'm ok with my body & who I am most of the time…NOT all the time...
*Learning the difference between muscular & skeletal pain
*Knowing that my 20's were a true learning experience regarding life & decision making
*Realizing that Not everything has to go my way
*Learning that good Karma is what it is…Good Karma & I plan to keep it that way.
*Knowing that my 30's were painful but I lived through them in a BIG way
*Realizing that the more runners you have in your car before a race, the smellier the car will be on the ride home…
*Knowing that keeping a food diary during the holidays is hopeless...
*Learning how to cook or sew will never happen for me...
*Realizing that I'll never please everyone, knowing I'll always annoy some people, but learning I just don't care. :P
*Knowing that there is always a friend to vent to no matter where they happen to be in the world
*Realizing every day is a gift & to enjoy it no matter how routine it may seem
*Learning that the person you learned to walk with may some day train for a marathon with you…
*Knowing that somewhere there is/was someone who thought of me today, tomorrow, last week, or next month...
*Realizing that forgiveness is something I need to work on with a handful of people in this world…
*Learning that there's still more to learn because when you know everything you might as well die…
*Knowing when to stop something when it's going nowhere fast…
*Realizing who my true friends are…..& thanking God every day for each & every one of them.
*Learning that when there's a time for change to jump to it or I'll be pushed to do it eventually…Or go crazy!
*Knowing that when my day comes to die, my grandparents will be there waiting on me…
*Realizing that women are more fun to travel with….especially while in New York City!
*Learning new ways to work my muscles is always a good thing…
*Knowing that I'm sometimes tired, grumpy, irritable, that there are times I just need to shut up about it…
*Realizing that good quality is WAY better than a good deal…
*Learning that the difference I made 10 yrs ago still pays back even today with some people…
*Knowing that "adventure" can be anything & sometimes you don't have to leave the house for the "adventure"…
*Realizing that I love the purity of running more so than the technicalities of the bike…
*Learning to drive a stick shift in Germany was one of the scariest things I've ever done.
*Knowing that there are 3 little boys in this world who remind me of the great grandparents they'll never know….
*Realizing that even though I need to vacuum the floors really bad right now, I'd much rather go burn calories tonight…
*Learning that someone ran their 1st ever 5k because I told them they should always makes ME happy….
*Knowing that the person who interrupted my workout to ask a question really did NEED to know the answer & that's ok…
*And finally…42 yrs of FUN! Realizing that there aren't too many years I would go back & change that's for sure.

6 comments:

Jill Ann said...

See...another reason JS should NOT have bought you a vacuum.. ha ha.

Congrats on a FAB 42...cannot wait to join you there one day.

Lisa said...

You have about a year and a half to join me, Jill.

JoeinNashville said...

Very nice thoughts (especially bullets #13 and #14 - hopefully those were referring to me - LOL!). I hope to be with you as long as you can stand me :-)

Lisa said...

Carla #13

Joe #14

I guess I should have numbered them and kept it at an even 42, eh?

Holly Jane said...

Awesome list! Nice! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well said! Nice rumination.