Tues was the coldest day there with a high of 47. It was also a bit rainy. I walked the dogs to the school behind my sister's house.
We all headed to the movie theater in the afternoon for "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler. It was cute. If you have kids, they'll like it. I'm looking forward to seeing Will Smith's "7 pounds" this week.
Fri, San Antonio had a record high of 83 degrees & I felt it when I took the dogs out for 3.3 miles of more jogging/walking/sniffing. When we got back Toby drank a ton of water & laid on the cool tile kitchen floor as if he were dying. I got Mark's free weights & worked on my arms. I did some standing squats that I felt on Sat & I did some crunches on the floor. Our day included more wii & some after Christmas shopping before heading to the Riverwalk. As many times as I've been to San Antonio, I had never been inside the Alamo. It was cool & it sort of reminded me a bit of Nashboro downtown on the river. They didn't allow photos of the inside but we saw some cool Davy Crockett stuff. Avery patiently waiting in line. He's such a good boy. Unfortunately, he's inherited the sinus/allergy problems.
The Smiths (yes, Deb married one she wanted to keep a long time. ha!) I've said it a million times, the best thing she ever did was join the Air Force. She got out after Avery was born & became a federal employee. Mark is a retired communications officer & federal employee now. They timed all this just right with the boys ages. NO MORE moving around. My 6 ft 2 in brother in law has a 13 yr old almost as tall as him. Austin also wears a size 11 shoe. To say he plays basketball very well would be an understatement.
We had some great mexican food on the river & I drank a margarita. The area was packed afterall, it was 83 degrees & the day after Christmas... Joe sent me this snowy pic from Lake Orion, MI when I told him it was shorts weather in San Antonio. ha! It did finally warm up to 60 degrees yesterday in Michigan. Patti said it literally went from one extreme to another in less than a week. Sledding on friday in Michigan.
Waiting on a patio table.
Boys eating mexican on riverwalk. I finally caught them with their napkins down from their faces. :P
Sat, I got out for a slow 2.64 miles with the dogs for the last time this year. It got tumble weed windy & then hot. A lot of folks were fighting the wind while taking down Christmas decorations. We hung out at the house playing wii, of course, before leaving for the airport. Mark's step father was flying in from Jacksonville as I was flying out. My sister's got another big week ahead of her. It's becoming a tradition for them to host a huge New Years Eve party. They set up board games everywhere in addition to video games. She's got a loft area with ping pong, air hockey, & a pool table. Something tells me there's going to be a lot of wii going on this year.
Overall, no flying problems & no hassles anywhere. It's this good karma that I've been preaching about all year long. ha! I have another VERY busy, fun week ahead. I'm planning to hit the gym hard all week long, though. (We have plans with friends & the Music City Bowl game.) You can bet I'm heading into 2009 with high hopes of an "uncracked shin" & many adventures. Other than New York, not much else is set in stone. Hannah & I will catch up over New Years so I'm sure something will get planned. :) Much like previous years, '08 is ending on a positive note. It's hard to believe that one year ago I was with Hannah & family in Indy at the Titans game. 2008 sure flew by. As I read Hannah's yearly newsletter that she sends with her Christmas cards, I realize out of everyone I know she's had a REALLY busy, stressed year. Even in the face of adversity, that girl smiles right through it. We're all counting our blessings & hoping for a better economically sound 2009. Whatever gets thrown my way, I will handle it just fine. I took this in my Aunt Becky's yard after they picked me up from the airport. Christmas palm trees look cool! :)
Happy Early New Years everyone! Please be safe!
6 comments:
Oh, what a great time you had with your sister and family!! I enjoyed looking at all the pictures.
Glad you are home...looks like you had a blast! That Joe is such a great guy!! Wow...does he give lessons on "how to be more like THAT Joe?" ??
NYC sounds like a blast...Rachel is pregnant (!!) so no NYC for her or I next year.
PS There is another baby on it's way too...next year this time I hope to be babysitting or holding a little one in Arrington!! Guess who??
Lisa,
I just loved reading your blog and seeing all of the photo's that you took of Deb, Mark and the boys....My-oh-my how they have grown.... and they look so much like Debbie too....
I remember seeing the Alamo years ago with Lisa Garcia back in 92... It brings back a ton of memories for me viewing your pics.
The year did zooom by fast and was a pretty good year too, I have to admit!!
I have the same brown shirt that Deb is wearing in one of the photo's... its the brown tee shirt she is wearing.... ask her I bet she bought it at kohl's.... I did... :)))
Still o.ding on cold medicine.... I pray I get better for Tuesday girl..... Hugs & Smiles, Curls
me again...i posted a picture on this site and i am checking to see if its up yet....
Great pics and I'm glad you had a good time. I missed you and look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.
Cheryl, can't wait for you to send me Christmas pics!
Wow, Jill, I pray for an Arrington baby!
Patti, yo pretty face is on my blog now!
Joe, see you Tuesday!
Post a Comment