Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pre Christmas Weekends are always busy...

I had no time in the gym on friday even though I felt like I should go camp out there after all I ate on friday. I did manage to eat light at "Fast Jacks" friday night. We met up with Terri J. for dinner. I had not been in there since the renovations were finished.

Saturday am, Joe & I headed to Harvey's for some treadmill time & Carlates (Carla's pilates class). I had forgotten how hard that class can be & I hope Joe forgives me one day for bringing him in there. :P He has a sore shoulder (from weights earlier in the week) & I managed to cause some puffiness in the shin this week with the running. So, I'm thinking that I'll be walking a lot in San Antonio. I may have set my shin back a little on healing. Who knows...I don't have time to think that much about it. So, Saturday's workout for me was 3.5 miles in 34 mins & 45 mins of pilates. (I have a puff daddy spot on my shin to prove I jogged just a little too much this week.)

In the afternoon, we headed to Elaine's in Lynchburg. She has a 3,800 sq ft cabin on 10.5 acres & it's just beautiful (even in the rain). That woman is the Queen of decorating & Sam is the King of woodworking. One of her Yorkies had 2 little babies last week. So, she's been REAL busy lately. (fyi, that porch is so wide, my civic would fit on it.)

Elaine, Sam, & Woody (a dog she rescued) on the porch. Woody is in heaven living here even though he has to share the love with lots of Yorkies. I'm nervously holding 2 little Yorkies as Elaine holds their mommy. :) Those two little girls were just a like little squeaky toys. (click on pic to see how sweet they are...)

All 4 of us loaded up for the rainy drive to Scott U's dome house. It's so cool! I had not been out there in probably 2 yrs so it was nice to see what all he had done. I didn't take a lot of photos out there since his website is linked to my blog. He has a link within his website of dome pics only showing the beginning of the building to what it looks like right now outside. He still has quite a bit of work to do in the upper levels but still a very different kind of living that's for sure. I went up to the top level cupola & took these photos looking down. I'm looking from the 3rd level. If you look closely, you see the finished 1st level but the 2nd level still needs the flooring finished.

> We had a late lunch at "Cattywampus", which is a new restaurant in Lynchburg. You would think it was a little pricy by the way it looked but it wasn't & it was good. I had a salad & some yummy loaded potato soup. :)

Today will consist of packing & football. We hope to head over to Pam's for a while & maybe to the gym. Gotta be prepared for some San Antonio Tex Mex this week! I do NOT envy anyone heading north that's for sure.

No comments: