Monday, January 5, 2009

Announcements

Ahhh, the holidays.....they bring out new beginnings sometimes...
Pregnancy announcements, engagement announcements, etc...
Everyone's so cheerful today despite coming back to work after most of us were off 2 weeks.
My boss asked us if we had a good time off & everyone said, "yes". He looked at me & I said, "Fabulous". ha!

2009 will prove to be an interesting year no matter what's thrown my way, I'm sure.
"Changes" scare me to death, which isn't very characteristic of Sagitarians. Most of us are easily bored & love change. I'm easily bored but scared of BIG changes. What changes? Let's just say BIG ones. I'm a Dec 2nd birthday & Hannah's a Dec 7th. She fits the Sag characteristics much better than me. She dives head first into her changes! She has a goal for herself this year. "Learn how to snow ski". I'm still thinking about some goals (big & small). It's so hard when I love to run & can't but it's not all about running either.

The bike is tuned up & apparently I didn't damage it too much by falling 3 times in Percy Warner back in Nov. Alex loosened my left pedal & showed me a better way to get out of it. Long story short, I need to make myself get out of the right one first. I am right handed so that would make better sense anyway. (FYI, ALL his bikes are on Sale right now.) He told me that it will probably take me a good 6 months of riding to get used to the pedals. Trouble is...who wants to get out when it's rainy & 38 degrees? So, I'm going to set up the trainer that Anderson gave me & practice those pedals when I can until a good "ride" day approaches. If I have to put off the goal of a century ride, I will. I sure don't want to fall & crack anything in 2009!

As for the New York City Marathon, Joe (who's very generous) has that weekend booked for us already. (the weekend of Halloween-marathon weekend). As you know, I'm going to register just so I don't lose my "place in line" for the lottery. If I can't train properly, it's a no go on the marathon but there's no reason we can't still go, see some sites, & watch the elites finish in central park. It would still be a fun weekend.

Plan A: Register, get in, & run it (shin well, God willing)
Plan B: Register, get in, & postpone till 2010
Plan C: We both register, get in, & walk/jog it (it would make for a great sightseeing adventure)

The problem with Plan C, what are the chances both of us will get in the same year, but you never know....... :P

So, tonight's workout will be the typical Monday night workout.
Crunches, elliptical (if I can get one), & 45 mins in spin class
Back to the grind.....I've missed it.

3 comments:

Jill Ann said...

Plan D...you can ALWAYS get to know CBA at FF and ask her for an entry for one of you. I did it every single year. And she would do it for one of you. I know that. Joe could even start by emailing her or writing her a letter and telling her about his new love of running and goal of NYC...

I would give my house to see you both do it together. It is such a special race.

I had to hold back from scanning also...b/c I thought you were going to say you were engaged or something. I hope, if that ever happens, you'll tell me first. ??

PS Did you learn how to kick Euchre butt??

Lisa said...

Nah, much like Boston, I'd rather run it the good ole fashion way... go through the lottery like most folks.

Engaged?! That would be pretty insane at this point.

We played a lot of games this weekend but not much of the Eucker stuff.

JoeinNashville said...

This note is more to Jill - are you nuts??? I really, really enjoy spending time with my girlfriend but we are nowhere near an engagement. Plus, Lisa is holding out for Finnegan or some other good-looking pro football player. I'm just the 'interim' guy - LOL!

Also, keep your house...you need a place to live until the Arrington thing is done.

Girlfriend isn't a big euchre girl - is really must be a midwest thing (or at least for those from north of the Mason-Dixon line).