Monday, January 26, 2009

Plan B, Lonely shoes, Found stuff, & a Police Chase!

Ok, so if I can't get into Kim's 6pm spin class tonight, I'm going upstairs for some misc. stuff & I'm heading home early for my bike, which is sitting on a trainer now in front of the TV. I rearranged a few things over the weekend, found some lost jewelry, & the remote to the DVD player. ha! I'm thinking I need to buy the block for the front tire because I don't care for the leaning forward feeling when I drink. I got on last night for a while to get used to the dreaded pedals. (Is it me or is it a lot easier to get out of them when I'm not frozen?!) Anyway, the first relatively warm weekend, above 40 degrees, I'm going outside for a ride.
I can't wait to have some extra daylight so I can take it out during the week.

As for all other things...I almost took a photo of the running shoes I organized last night & labeled them "Lonely Shoes". I have about 10 prs of running shoes, probably 2-3 pr that I could run in if it were not for the shin, the rest are good enough to keep for general working out & yard work. I threw out my white water rafting shoes. I guess I'm in the mood to Spring clean a little early this year.

Oh yeah, this morning we had a criminal come down to our little neck of the woods. He got chased by cops & shot. Word has it that he was wanted for shooting a Murfreesboro cop & he was accused of domestic violence. (but don't quote me on that!) Deb saw the chase right out in front of our plant between 6:30-6:45am. Katrina came in about 8am & said she saw the body bag with feet sticking straight up. The police stopped him on exit 114 with tire spikes. He pulled a gun on them. Gives me chills thinking about it!

4 comments:

Jill Ann said...

Ha...guess Joe and I have scared the little guy outta the 'hood and he went running to the Boro and then to Manchester..hmmm.

Regarding the bike - a spare phone book under the front tire will do the trick. We use them in our spin class instead of a block...give it a try.

Speaking of lonely shoes, I will have lonely eyes...for those pink shorts at Frostbite this year. I think that was our last official race meeting/chase down. Makes me sad thinking about it...please get well soon.

Lisa said...

I had so much fun at the Cedar of Lebanon 1/2 but I ran it with a sinus infection & a fever! ha!

I Am Woody said...

You are a stronger woman than me. I need at least 60 degrees before I can ride outside!

Old Man said...

ready for the warm weather to jump on the bike as well.