Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lighter? Soreness? & Deferred again...

As I was walking out at 5pm on Wed evening from work, it was daylight! Anyone else notice?
Weird, since I know I drove to the Rec Ctr on Tues at 5pm in the dark.

Tues spin was just as crowded as Mon's spin class...if you don't get there 30 mins before class starts you're out of luck. There's rumors that they'll be getting new bikes. They need them, if anything just to increase class size. By Wed, I was feeling the butt soreness that I hadn't felt in quite sometime. Two weeks of no bike seat made me soft again?!

Thank God, the "Zumba" craze has hit Harvey's. The yoga/aerobic room was full of people waiting on the instructor last night, which meant most of the machines were open! Yippee!
I worked on abs, did free weights, some weight machines, & spent 65 mins on an elliptical. I briefly caught up with Terri J., Duane G., & Linda W. (which reminds me I need to make an appt for a haircut!)

This morning's spin was not full but everyone seemed to be sore from the last few days. I've restarted my food diary & I've decided to do what Hannah's doing...see how long I can go without eating any sweets starting today. She works for Mars so you can imagine why she's doing this... ha! We're in the process of planning something for Feb 1st (Super Bowl). Still not sure where to party yet. Let's hope that this Saturday there's a big "W" for the Titans. Maybe D. Mace will get them fired up again by running his mouth. :)

I got my 2nd deferment letter from the Mercedes marathon yesterday. Apparently, you can only get 2 deferments so next Feb 2010, I will be there one way or the other even if I have to walk/jog the half or I'll forfeit $55. I'm so hoping that my injury list stops growing this year! Lots of folks who've never done the CMM appear to be signing up for the 1/2 this year. Looks like I'll be able to trot along with a lot of familiar, local faces. :)

My sleep pattern is slowly getting back to normal. I tossed & turned an hour last night but still got up for the early spin class. I have a feeling I won't have trouble going to sleep tonight! I've been up way too late lately reading. I'm almost done with "Walk this Way". When I pick it up, I can't hardly put it down. It's like every page I turn I wonder what's going to happen to them next! I love learning how they came up with this & recorded that. The women they loved, the women that did them wrong, the people who stole from them, the folks that kept their drugs coming, etc... I love to find out what makes people tick, especially people who are gifted in some way. Say what you want about Steven Tyler, but the man has an amazing ability to survive. It's a wonder any of the band members are alive today actually. My fascination began with the version of "Walk this Way" by Run DMC. They did that video as a way to let the younger generation know what they looked like because up till that point MTV had ignored them. Sure, as a child I do remember screaming the lyrics to "Dream On" but never knowing who it really was then there was MTV. Every band had a face then! I saw Aerosmith in the fall of '03. Kiss opened for them at Starwood. I was at the front of the grassy area hanging on the fence railing looking straight at the front of the stage the entire time with my mouth open. Amazing how those old guys in the tall shoes could still move around. Kiss rocked! Then Aerosmith came out & WOW!! As someone once told me, "Their music makes me want to dance around on a pole or strip." So true! ha! Anyway, it's been one of the most interesting books I've ever read. Well worth the $10 off amazon.com. :)

This afternoon...even though the lower half of my body feels like lead, I'm heading to Harvey's again. (doing mostly cardio)

"Grey's Anatomy" is back on tonight! Whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to find you on Facebook. I just started a page.

Lisa said...

Hey, welcome to facebook, girlie!