I truly enjoyed my massage on Wed, Kirby, thank you very much. I also was in bad need of an adjustment. As you know I have the best chiropractor ever to hit Estill Springs, thanks Dr. Rudder. :)
I did manage to get in some ab work, some weight machines, & 30 mins (very low impact) on the elliptical after my chiro appt. As I discovered early on, my shin doesn't care too much for the elliptical unless the settings are wayyyyy down. So, I am cutting back yet again on the time spent on the elliptical. (Feb 19th is the next X ray & I don't want the doc to yell, scream, & make me hit him!)
Getting up early two days isn't so bad. I'm really only losing one hour of sleep on Tues/Thurs so I can't gripe too much. Early spin is definitely more sane than the afternoons right now. This morning we did some push ups, lunges, & crunches along with spin. Kim likes to mix it up in order to wake us up on Thurs mornings. I headed to Harvey's after work for some weights. I did a few that I haven't done in quite sometime. I had to get Terri J. to refresh my memory on how to use them. After 50 mins on the elliptical (while socializing, of course), I decided to go get the grocery shopping out of way. (Grey's Anatomy was a repeat! :P)
As for the weekend, Paul S., Jessie, Terri J., & I have tentative plans to meet up at Waggoner Park for a ride into the base Sat morning. The weather looks decent for a change. We shall see...
I'm in the midst of changing some eating habits. My weight hasn't changed yet I feel a little lighter. It doesn't take a crow bar to get into & out of my sports bras anymore so I guess I'm building muscle mass. Am I excited about that? Not really....I don't have the desire to be a hard body even though I do like the way my shoulders & arms look right now. (See Colts game pic on blog...that's what I want them to look like forever!) Now if I could just get better looking legs but I'm working on it. I'm not a good judge of my physical appearance at all. I only go by how my clothes fit really. I know one thing's for sure, I need more fruits, veggies, & less snacks at my desk during the work day.
I finally started reading, "Once a Runner". It's been on my list to read for years but as you all know it just became available again & Joe got it for me for Christmas. Recently, I finished up a book called, "Pretty Fat". It's basically the memoir of a woman who's a comedic writer. She wrote about her struggles with her weight. Funny but not as funny as the Chelsea Handler crazy books I read in the Fall.
I actually had Aerosmith withdrawals when I finished "Walk this Way". Seriously, I dug out cds & even bought some new ones to listen to...& on my way to early spin, I blare "Take me to the other side". ha!
So, anyway that's it for winding down my week & btw...Go Cardinals!
2 comments:
Happy bike riding! Also makes me smile to read about the fruits and veggies...I'm on that too...but am convinced chocolate tastes better.
I will think strong bone thoughts for the shin-e shin, shin 2/19 date. I SO need you out there..this year. But, it's more about you...! I know how you crave the run.
My Joe was right - on the Super Bowl pick - he said you would be cheering for the Cardinals. Me? I'm still having a hard time thinking Cardinals and football in the same sentence. Cardinal just keeps reminding me of Mark McGuire and the St. L's. I'm SO confused!
I hope you have a great ride!!
Post a Comment