Saturday, May 7, 2011

chicken with head cut off...

Yeah, that’s me!

I’m kicking myself for not using craigslist sooner to get some things sold.
Hopefully, by the 14th almost everything will be gone, though.
I’m just thankful my washer & dryer sold!
I’m pretty fired up & totally running on adrenaline.
I hope to finish “Summer & the City” this weekend & then brush up on some Microsoft skills that I don’t use all the time. Prepping for whatever comes my way.
God help me, I hate the learning curve at a new job.
In the meantime, I’m getting in the workouts (or I would be crazy!)

Last Sunday: I did 1 hr elliptical & weight machines
Did squats with 8 lb weights. (been a while)
This was my last work out at Harvey’s before I cancelled it.
They are giving back nearly all the $ I gave them in Feb.

Monday: Ran 5 mi at something like a 9:38 pace
I felt stiff…definitely the squats from Sunday & the fact that it had been nearly a week since I had run at all. Yikes!  Did ab ripper & felt it. I could tell I slacked off the previous week due to so much going on… (Ran into, "literally", TQ. He really LOVED pacing his 2:15 halfers last Saturday & wants to do it again.)

Tuesday: 30 mins Jillian Michael’s yoga AM
Weight machines at DW PM (Will miss Ted, Charles, & company!)

Wednesday: Ab ripper AM
Ran 8 hilly miles which included the Mach Tenn course PM.
Around a 9:35 pace…. OMG, I felt it Thursday!

Thursday: 30 mins Jillian Michael’s yoga AM
Mowed yard after work

Friday: Rest-got too much going on…sold big green chest that was in my way!

Saturday: 6 miles at 9:21 pace with some hills.
Old couple in huge car tried to run me off the road.
Old lady actually screamed at me from her passenger side window.
I yelled back & if they had stopped, I would’ve gladly stopped my garmin & given them a lesson on road rules. What idiots! Probably heading to eat their Hardee’s lard breakfast. Ha!

We’re registered for the Moon Pie 10 miler June 18th & the Murfreesboro ½ Oct 15th. The ‘boro ½ will be 3 weeks & 1 day before the NYC marathon. Should be a good tune up race. That means our 20 miler will fall the weekend of Oct 8th. I pray for a cool October this year!!

Happy Mother's day weekend everyone!  :)

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

Thank God they didn't hit you! People are crazy!!