I can be sentimental at times & at other times notsomuch…
What am I going to miss here?
Definitely the people I work with even though it’s not always been a smooth ride.
They’ve been like family to me, much like the people at the job I had before this one!
I’ve been spoiled & I realize it. Kinda scares me.
A whole new set of folks who may or may not like me…
I hate being judged by people who don’t know me & we’ve all done it.
It’s just a part of human nature!
When I think about all the friends I’ve made over my “working years” I think of Sheila from Germany, Cheryl from Texas, & Annmarie from Clarksville. I wouldn’t know these folks if I hadn’t been forced to change jobs. We’re all scattered across the U.S. now but keep in touch.
I’ll miss my running buddies here even though I’ve not run with anyone lately other than Kim C. I figure that I started running totally alone here years ago so why not run alone the last week I’m living here. Ha! I will miss the East area of town the most. The miles I’ve logged there in the extreme heat, the cold, the dark, with the blazing sunshine on my back…. The Halloween runs I did running past the trick or treaters were the most memorable. I’ll miss biking though the base, getting off my bike to move turtles out of the road, watching the fish jump high out of the water, & the deer running literally right next to me, etc… I will miss the almost NO TRAFFIC of the base in the early weekend mornings!
There’s plenty I won’t miss but I won’t go into that. Ha!
This move should’ve happened years ago truth be known but what can I say.
You get into a comfort zone. I’ve often looked for work outside of this area but it just wasn’t meant to be until now. I’ll be closer to a lot of folks that I don’t see that often.
My Aunt Becky (20 mins up the road), Sharon (in Westhaven-friend from way back!), Hannah (15 mins closer to the ‘boro), Arlene (in Watertown), & lots of running peeps!
Lots of settling in to do & I’m sure we’ll find more stuff to sell on craigslist.
I’m left with only two Broyhill end tables in the ‘homa to sell. Any takers? LOL!
This morning (Wednesday): I got my arse up at 5am & was out the door at about 5:20am.
It was nearly daylight, quiet, no sign of cicada’s, just me & the garmin. 4.5 miles at a 9:16 pace. It took me about a mile to really wake up the legs. They’re tired this week for some reason. All I need is my 9 miler Saturday morning & that’s it for the week. Next Sunday morning, (the 22nd), Joe & I will trek to the Moon Pie course EARLY to run. He’s never run it & boy is he in for a treat. He is going to love that negative split! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment