I forgot to take my enduralyte pills & forgot my electrolyte water.
I ran with my new fuel belt & didn't even bring enough gatorade & water. Seriously, stupid mistake.
Where was my brain?
On a positive note, got the fuel belt half price at FF. Last one in my size on friday. SCORE!
Got Joe another running hat & myself a new running outfit.
To treat my knotted up, stressed back, I got a reflexology massage yesterday in the Cool Springs area near the theater while Joe & the kids watched the panda movie. It was their Grand Opening....I got a flyer somewhere but can't remember the name of the place. The woman spent around 1 hour 40 mins on me & I was in heaven. She got all the knots out of my back & when she started on the left foot, I could feel the IT Band issue rear it's head. Reflexology massages rock! $85 w/o tip & worth every penny!
Ok, back to my miserable 11 miles....yep, decided to go out 5.5 & turn around on Nolensville Rd due to the fact that we had the kids & I didn't want us to drive somewhere to run this weekend. That route works on me mentally but not having enough fuel on a hot morning was just stupid on my part. 10:40 pace overall.
Mile 1: 10:00
Mile 2: 9:42
Mile 3: 9:31
Mile 4: 9:22
Mile 5: 10:05
Mile 6: 9:54
Mile 7: 10:02 (wheels falling off)
Mile 8: 10:16 (out of water & gatorade)
Mile 9: 11:31 (walking a lot of the hills)
Mile 10: 13:23 (just plain died)
Mile 11: 13:31 (ugh! stupid, stupid, I know better to not have enough fuel!)
Not a smart run with it a sunny 65 degrees when I started but it takes something like this to remind me of what I ALREADY KNOW about running in the summer. I kept saying in my head, "you know better, this ain't something you don't know about, you must be more brain dead than usual, etc...."
Next weekend will be a different story.
1 comment:
thats a tough lesson to learn. it happens though. i had a rough go on saturday with my long run; its just summer here already and time to reel it in.
i know you know this, but add 20 deg to whatever the temp is when you are running longer than 8 miles or so. its just hot hot hot!
Post a Comment