Joe & I got started about 6:21am per my garmin time. It was actually warmer when we started running than when we finished. My fingers & mouth were the only body parts that got cold. My North Face gloves were not enough. You'd think between the 8-10 prs of gloves we have between us that I'd have this figured out by now.
We did 7 miles together heading out from the Y on the main road all the way to Franklin Rd & over towards the school & back. We actually had a hill or two over there but kept it pretty steady overall. We met back up at the Concord Y parking lot to pick up the rest of the runners who were running 10 miles. While we were waiting on them, Joe turned his garmin off in order to get into the car. I kept my garmin on & circled the parking lot slowly while waiting on everyone to get there & get ready to run. That's how I ended up with 18 instead of the planned 17. Next week is a cut back week to 13 miles so I'm A-OK with the 18 this week. I felt stronger on the back end of it. It just seemed like it took a few miles to get the body completely warmed up. I wore an underarmour singlet & a moving comfort long sleeve with a hoodie. I also had a head band on to keep my ears warm. Of course I had on my longest, oldest, & most comfortable hind tights. The newer tights that I've bought recently want to slide down over my hips so I'm only wearing them on shorter runs. Joe carried my fuel in the belt & gave me 3 gus & I ate half an organic energy waffle. He ate the other half even after we dropped it. LOL! For some reason I forgot to take in the 4th gu but that's ok. We ran the last 10 miles with David C. & Tandy B. It just felt way too easy. We negative split this one really easily avoiding the bigger hills on the outskirts of Crockett park. My IT Band was happy! I got a half an hour massage on my legs only & I feel really good. We ate a good solid protein filled breakfast at Mama's Java's & I downed my myoplex protein drink with it. Good times, Good food!
18 miles-8:59 pace-2:41:39
I have no doubt that I could have done 20 miles today in 3 hours flat. What a boost to my confidence this run made!
Mile 1: 9:39 (warming up & windy)
Mile 2: 8:49 (I'm warmed up now!)
Mile 3: 8:43
Mile 4: 8:57 (took in gu)
Mile 5: 8:57
Mile 6: 9:12 (hill)
Mile 7: 9:01 (took in gu)
Mile 8: 9:46 (me circling parking lot waiting on the group to start)
Mile 9: 8:56
Mile 10: 8:59
Mile 11: 9:14 (took in gu, ate 1/2 a cookie)
Mile 12: 8:57
Mile 13: 8:57
Mile 14: 8:45
Mile 15: 8:42
Mile 16: 8:48
Mile 17: 8:38 (finish STRONG!)
Mile 18: 8:42 (1/2 a mile of this was me running around the parking lot refusing to stop at 17.5)
Tomorrow: 5 recovery miles, the bike, & weights at the gym
No comments:
Post a Comment