Wednesday, December 26, 2012

brrr....cold!

We left MI yesterday at 4:40pm & got home at 1:20am.  Why?  To avoid the craptastic weather they were about to get in Ohio.  Turns out Joe's parents have 6 inches of snow & their 'hood lost power today. Needless to say, we're grateful Jake gave us a heads up on the weather so we could get the heck out of dodge. ;-)  Otherwise, we would have had a LONG drive home today. So, very glad to be home & safe.

So, we crawled into bed about 1:45am. Talk about feeling like crap & feeling stiff from being in the car 8 hrs & 40 mins...wow!  I got up around 8:00am & did laundry most of the morning.  I did get to the gym. I did the bike for 30 mins, stretched the IT Band, & jogged 2 miles in the treadmill. 
I, also ran with the club on the hills tonight for 5.35 miles at a comfortable tempo pace.

5.35 miles - 8:30 pace - 45:24
It took a little while to get the legs going in the cold & I tried my best not to push it down to 10k pace.  Scott told me my tempo runs should be a little slower than 10k pace.  I was too tired & stiff legged to go for 6 miles or more but I'm ok with the run.

Mile 1: 8:44
Mile 2: 8:34
Mile 3: 8:20
Mile 4: 8:31
Mile 5: 8:28
.35:      8:00

It was bittersweet saying good bye to Adriane & her family tonight. She was the captain of our "Sisters with Blisters" Rutherford Relay team.  They're moving back to the Reno, Nevada area to be closer to family.  I'm going to miss her cheerful attitude. Such a sweet family. 

No comments: