Sunday, July 7, 2013

Indiana weekend....

It felt good to zip 5 hours away to Indiana to see good friends, who just bought a new house on a lake.  They also have a new dog that I fell totally in love with...a rescue named, Louis.  I ran just over 4 miles on Saturday morning & the first 2.3 of it was with Hannah & Louis.  Flat, flat, flat.....it was around a 10 minute pace.....just needed to loosen the legs up a bit & rest.

This morning before we left Indianapolis, Joe & I went downtown Indy to scope out most of the 2nd half of the Monumental Marathon that we are doing Nov 2nd.  We parked the car & ran 8.04 (8:55 pace) of it.  It was humid, but overcast, flat, with a few tiny rollers.  The first half is definitely flatter than the last half, which means, I need to make sure I am running hills the latter part of my longer runs when training kicks in soon. 
The Broad Ripple area of Indy is so beautiful.  I cannot imagine how gorgeous this area is going to look once the leaves have changed.  Whether my 3rd attempt to BQ happens or not, I'm looking forward to running these streets with Joe, Kim, Russ, Kristina, & Danielle G. 

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

Sounds like a great weekend!