It took me almost 3 miles to get my legs warmed up but I somehow managed to push my pace down the last 2.2 of my 5.2 miles (9:17 pace) on the THS track. The last mile was around the parking lots & school. I felt the need to burn more calories & stretch my legs on the elliptical so I spent an hour on that. It feel good!!
Tomorrow, I may attempt somewhere between 6 - 8 miles, not real sure yet. I'm going on how I feel right now. I believe my sister's neighborhood is runner friendly, plus I do know that they have some sort of trail near the house. Right now, I'm WAY over what I wanted for the year in mileage so I'm not pushing myself too much but the thoughts of Mercedes are not totally gone. :)
I will be getting new shoes in January, that's a given. I'd like to get in at least a 17 miler mid-January & then the Bongo to Bongo 14 mile training run. That should be enough to give me the confidence for a Feb marathon. Who knows.......so hard to predict anymore.
I reserved our room for 2 nights for the CMM. Patti & I will be there Thur night for the Bon Jovi concert so we may pick our race packets up Thur afternoon & then go back to shop the next day. We are staying at the Ramada right next to LP Field. Amazingly enough it's not filled yet & the rate was better than I thought it would be $269 taxes & all for 2 nights. That's not too bad since we're splitting it. After the 1/2 on the 26th, we'll shower & rest at my Aunt's house, which is 10 mins from downtown. Two concerts & a half marathon all in one weekend!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great plan for CMM! You guys will get to experience it all! Great job on the training runs.... I am impressed with the need for the eliptical after running. I've never felt that need? :-) I think I'm too lazy.
Post a Comment