I'm sitting at my desk in my long dress shorts that I would normally wear in late Sept/early Oct. It's Dec 10th! This flip flop weather not only affects my ability to run efficiently but it makes my sinus cavities hurt. :( You know, if we had the weather we had on Sat back in Sept when we ran the Murf 1/2 we probably would have been much better off in that race. It's a mind thing and my mind was telling me that Sat should have been much cooler because it is afterall December. Not 100000% humidity and 61 degrees at 8am.
FYI, the Expo for RC was awesome as usual. Saucony bought out Hind so I was excited to see my favorite Hind shorts on sale for $9.99. I grabbed Carla a pair also. I love those shorts because they are paper thin and they fit short gals like myself and Carla really well. :)
Noticed that the Huntsville Track Club site is posting our gun times. Sure, go ahead, take those precious seconds away from the public eye that I earned via my chip! ha!
Aside from the weather, I've been thinking today of what all I did wrong this fall. Not stretching before I run hurt my bursa tissue (or that was just a freak injury). We all know that running in the cold can lead to pulled ham strings and other muscles without a proper warm up. I need to train myself to start out slower during the cooler months. I need more stretching before I run.
I try very hard to go downstairs during work to use the bathroom down there and I stretch there also. By the time I get away from my desk @ 5pm, I'm usually so anxious to get started, I jump out of the car and take off...usually forgetting to stretch a little and forgetting my pepper spray. TWO things that I should never forget since I run alone about 75% of the time.
As I type this I notice that I have no pain in my hip (bursa). My quads are making up for it, though. I plan to test my legs Sat morning. As the saying goes, "Time will tell." If all goes well, I'm definitely going to set my sights on another race in the next month. It's a part of my natural instincts to plan all the time. I'm a "planner" and if I don't know what I'm going to be doing in the not so distant future, then I'm not happy. I realized this a very long time ago so I'm going to view the Strider's calendar and come up with some "planned" races. Short Races for the next month. I have only 1/2's to contend with in the Spring. No marathons! As soon as I have some time at home to regroup, I'm going to check out the NYC marathon site and get my stuff in the mail as soon as they start taking applications. This is my ONLY "planned" marathon. If I don't get in for '08 then it's just not meant for me to cover 26.2 miles all in one day next year. My brother in law sent me a link for San Antonio's marathon/half marathon. I might consider it if I don't get into NYC. (but I'll only do the half) I believe it's Nov 17th, but not sure.
As for other things in my life. I have a lot going on, choices to make, and many plans.
For instance, I'm a going back to NYC and after watching the travel channel on cruises, I may plan a cruise in the not so distant future.
I still think the striders need to have a "singles" run or link on the site.
There are not enough single guys out there running, apparently. ha!
New Years Resolutions are on my mind and I've already blogged a few.
My main thing right now is to heal and forget about another bad '07 race.
#8 is history! :) The Urban 10k will be my only "happy race" in '07.
Now on to more planning on other things..... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment