Friday, December 28, 2007

Gym workout & some speed

I decided that I'm more accountable for my speedwork when I force myself to do it on a treadmill. So, I avoided the wet track today. (yes, I got on the dreadmill for some speed. You read it right!) It was only 4.14 miles total. I ran a 1 mile warm up, then took off for .25, walked .25, alternating until I reached the 4 mile point. I almost got to a point where I was tasting my lunch. Ugh!

I didn't even notice the time when I got off but I think it was around 45 mins. I was too delirious! The guy next to me was trying to mimmick what I was doing. Why is that always so obvious?! ha! He was cute & single so I didn't point out that even when I walked, he couldn't catch me. (Yeah, I'm evil!)

My left knee is sore today, mostly above the knee. It will get lots of rest over the next few days because I'm only planning one quick 4-5 miler while I'm gone and I'm wondering when I'll get that in...

I dropped my Mercedes registration form in the mail today because I refuse to pay the active.com fees when I can avoid it. If the knee gives me lots of pain in Jan, I'll be doing the 1/2 & I'll just have to get over it. :P

I also did about 40 mins on the elliptical, 15 mins bike, some light leg & arm weights. I'm tired of being pale so for the first time in a VERY long time, I did the tanning bed. I really need to check into the spray tan thing. That supposedly lasts about 4-6 weeks.

Heard Peyton is only playing the first half of Sunday night's game. :)

No comments: