Saturday, December 22, 2007

Welcome to San Antonio, hills, headwinds, family, & the Spurs...

I got here around 10m Thur night, got to bed late 2 nights in a row so I'm out of my routine. :P I'm having fun with the nephews, the beagles, etc... The boys have grown so much & I'll dump photos here when I'm back in TN.

I'll keep this brief. Yesterday was a very slow 5.04 miles with an out of shape 36 lb beagle but he hung tough. He refused to run with me today on my last 2 miles! ha! We ate on the Riverwalk & did some shopping. It was 77 or 78 degrees.

Today, I ran 7.31 miles fighting headwinds & long slow uphills. Trust me the wind did not help me at all. It's bad enough when you haven't hill trained in many months but to do it in headwinds just added extra resistance but I'm glad I did it!! Toby, the 36 lb beagle, would have none of it! ha! My pace was only 10:25 but that included stopping for water, wrestling with my shirt & headseat for approx 2-3 mins. I had to come out of my shirt despite the wind. Hills heat me up quicker than anything & I should have known better. I'm going to hit them as much as I can until I leave.

I'm hoping that by tomorrow evening or Monday morning that I can get out for 10 miles.

Tonight, we are going to a Spurs game. They are retiring an ex players jersey, Avery "Something". ha! My youngest nephew is named after him.

Go Spurs!!!!

1 comment:

Michele said...

sounds like you are getting ready for Birmingham!!!
Enjoy your trip.
Merry Christmas!!!