Saw the photo from RC. Again, I look like a 200 lb woman running but let me assure you, I weighed at the gym last night at 128 lbs. Granted I need to get below 125 but I'm sure a lot of this is salt/water retention. I have been eating so much salt this week. I ate 80% of a full bag of popcorn last night for dinner while talking to cousin, Patti, on the phone. I wanted to lick the bag, actually.
Got an exciting phonecall from Eddie in NYC yesterday. What a sweet guy! I envy a person who lives in an atmosphere where you would probably NEVER get bored. He has an amazing life. I really hope we meet face to face one day. I hope I meet him on my next visit to NYC!
Last night, I decided to go ahead and make the committment to do the Birmingham Mercedes marathon if everyone else is in... If nobody else dives in, I'll stick to my 1/2 plan. :) I figure if I start having problems, I could always downgrade to the 1/2 anyway. Terry Q. has done it 2X and really liked it even though it's not a PR course. Hills! So, with proper warm ups, I plan to tackle some hills in the near future. (I reserved a room for $112 w/tax for Feb 9th @ the Redmont, thanks for the info, Michele)
FYI, Wayne informed me that he did RC in 4:54 in '05. I guess '05 was a good year for him because I believe that's when he did Chicago in 4:49, which is his marathon PR. If he reads this, he'll correct me if I'm wrong. ha!
Last night:
1 hr 5 mins elliptical
40 mins bike
stretched but probably not enough
Tonight:
elliptical, light leg weights, crunches, and tons of stretching.
We are due for a cool down big time with the weather. If it's not raining Sat morning, I plan to get out for 5-6 miles and then jump into Carla's Pilates class before heading to Murf. If I can't get outside Sat, then I will definitely run on Sunday. The packing for Texas has got to start on Sunday afternoon. I hope my brother in law runs with me while I'm there, otherwise, it's me and a nephew riding beside me on a bike, I'm sure. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment