I noticed on Wed when I got off work that it wasn't pitch dark at 5pm, but by the time I pull into the driveway it is dark. The days are getting slightly longer already. Yippee! I ran tonight at THS, around the parking lots, around Microcraft, the business center, & the track for 6.02 miles. I almost fell at one point. I'm getting real good at falling lately. I was behind the gas station right next to what used to be Schlotzsky's. My pace was only 9:18 but I'll take it for a cold, dark night by myself. I also did 30 slow mins on the elliptical while reading my Nashville striders funrunner, some light leg & arm weights, and stretched.
I'm excited that Pam, my cousin, may do the Preds 5k. She's already signed up for the CMM 1/2 so I think this would be good for her. We may go get new shoes at FF this weekend.
3 comments:
I noticed this morning while running that is got light just a little earlier. I had the same thought. Days are getting longer.
I'm right there with you. I just love more daylight even if it's only a couple more minutes right now. It'll get even better soon.
Get those trail running shoes out! You'll really enjoy it after you get in a rhythym. It's a nice change!
Post a Comment