Congrats to Michele & David for surviving & running well on those hills in Birmingham. :)
David set a PR!! If that had been flat, those two would have gone sub-4 that's for certain.
Fara & I spent 3.5 hrs at "J & G" Friday evening catching up on each other's lives. It was nice. I really missed her. Wish she'd run with me again but she's having lower back issues. She's a former ball player, High School/Motlow. She's done a few races with me including the inaugral Preds 5k, a Red Cross run in Brentwood, & Moon Pie all in '04, I believe...
Arlene & I spent 2 hrs in "Bonefish" last night playing catch up & then we saw "Juno". What a movie! I can certainly see why it's up for an academy award. Ellen Page is awesome as Juno (June Bug). There was a little bit of a running theme in there. The boyfriend ran track. I cracked up everytime I saw those boys in those yellow shorts. ha!
I did manage 10 mins on the stepper before hopping into Pilates yesterday. Carla should be locked up for the stuff she was making us do with rubber bands. :P I decided to go out for a test run. The IT Band seemed ok, it was the sinus junk that slowed me. So for 6.11 miles I ran, my nose ran, & I spit. There really is an art to it & I may be getting better at slinging it. :P
I took off from the gym over to Farrar then over into Carla's neighborhood down to West Middle & then back to the gym. I had to stop for traffic on Cedar lane 2x, stopped again to tie my shoes, & 2 more times to just spit & clear my throat. It was a messy 9:48 pace for 6.11 miles. I think I'll wear a bib around my neck to catch everything when I run tomorrow.
Today, I did yard work for over 2 hrs, mulching leftover fall leaves, raking, & picking up sticks. (I call it cross training!) I didn't get 100% done with it but I got tired of my nose running. I noticed that there are ton of wild onion. That may be a part of my problem!! Wild onion seems to be growing everywhere. I did make it to the gym for a quick 45 mins on the elliptical to stretch my legs. My hammy's were sore & I'm blaming the rubberband tricks from Pilates. :P
My MI relatives are suffering through a bitter cold. Their high today was only 7 degrees. They are all turning into hermits up there. I felt bad telling Patti that it was in the 50's here. She said that if it were in the 50's there, she'd put on her bathing suit & lay in the sun.
Tomorrow, I'm attempting another 6 miles, probably in my neighborhood before I head to the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment