Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I wish I didn't have to work...

Getting off at 5pm Mon-Thur sucks. Friday, it's 7am-4pm, but Friday's are usually "rest" days for me. I watched it get up near 60 today & sunny. By the time I got off & got changed, the bottom dropped out. Carla & I had good intentions but it just didn't happen. I decided that the treadmill hurts me more than it helps me so I walked/jogged 3 miles on it in 32 mins, did 35 mins elliptical, yoga ball crunches, & some free weights on my arms. Tomorrow, I'll probably bundle up & get out in my neighborhood, who knows... I'm such a huge slacker these days.

I got bored during lunch & looked up all my 1/2 marathon times, probably to convince myself to go to Cedars of Lebanon this Sat. ha ha! If it's not raining cats & dogs, I'm heading there. It's a part of the state park series. So what if my running has been on the downslide. I know I can complete a half respectably even though it will probably be a PW. So, after reminicing about better, faster times, here are the halves. I LOVE the distance, seriously.

April '04: CMM 1/2
2:01:something

(I'm very proud of that one!)

Mar '05: Tom King 1/2
1:58:12
(Thrilled to be under 2 for the first time)

Oct '05: McMinnville 1/2
1:55:37
(hilly as hell, I hung onto Michelle H's coat tails & won my age bracket. It was a low turn out.)

Nov '05: Huntsville 1/2
1:56: something
(Headwinds & worn out shoes made me hurt!)

Mar '06: Tom King 1/2
1:51:25
(My PR)

Mar '07: Tom King 1/2
1:58:13
(Fell on fire escape outside office, bruised hip pretty bad 2 days before race)

Sept '07: Murf 1/2
2:02:59
(Simply hated the heat/humidity!)

Oct '07: Music City 1/2
2:05:59
(Same weekend as Chicago, MISERABLY HOT, but I won my age range, LOW TURNOUT)

My new favorites foods! Morning Star products ROCK!

1 comment:

Michele said...

hmmmm...a half this weekend??? wish it was next, I have 13 on tap then. don't know if I am ready to take on 13.1 yet. Plus I bet it is rolling there, I know the tri is!