Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dinner, movie, & 1st time out training with Pam



Last night's dinner at "Bonefish" was awesome as usual. The tiny bits if ice in the pomegranate martini were divine. "The Bucket List" was great. Made me think & it almost made me cry. "Find what gives you joy in your life." I know what gives me joy now. They are age 13, 12, and 9. The other thing is being able to exercise, run, & be healthy. One day, all this could change but for now, I do have "joy". The only negative thing I have to say here is that the theatre was sold out. The woman next to me was having a hard time breathing. It was distracting. She was so big. She & her friend kept making comments, which is RUDE. She kept smacking her lips when she dug into her popcorn. If there had been two more seats available I would have moved!

Today, I got out with cousin, Pam, for her first "longish" miles. We did 5.5 miles of jogging/walking talking the whole way. It was a little colder than I thought it would be but we moved fast enough to keep our naked legs warm. Until today, she had never gone beyond 4 miles. (I'm thrilled whether she is or not! ha!) We took off from East Middle down to Macon & then around Tara & back to East. I then went to the gym, got in 1 hr 5 mins elliptical (watched indoor track & field on ESPN) and then I did weights.

Pam's son, Liam, got 1st place in his boy scouts pine box derby yesterday. His daddy, Tim, got 1st place when he was his age, too. Too cool! I wish I could have been there to see that.

Next Sunday, I hope Pam & I can do between 6-6.5. Next Saturday, will be Fall Creek Falls for me. It's a challenging course. I pray I don't totally bonk!

No comments: