Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Choosing Chicken soup over cross training

I woke up with the start of a migraine & a sore throat on top of that. I didn't get enough sleep either. (Yes, I'm whining!) I never feel that bad internally that often, just the last month & a half! ha! Seriously, I get migraines but I control them with meds. I get maybe 1 sinus infection a year & yes, it's usually this time of the year when I do get them. This has NOT been a great start to the new year for me at all. I totally sympathize with Rae & her hubby. I know what they are feeling. I felt drugged when I got to work but a cup of coffee perked me up enough to get productive. I kept drinking hot herbal tea & sucking on cough drops. By lunch time, I started feeling better but then my neck felt & looked swollen & sore. I looked in the mirror. Yikes!! I looked like a "poopy slug" to quote Maritza. ha! The lady next to me asked me if I was alright about 4pm. I knew then that the gym was out. I worked on Hannah's shower invitations. They are all tainted now but they are going in the mail tomorrow.

I took a left over antibiotic from last month & had chicken noodle soup.
I've been in my flannel pjs since 5:30pm!

Tomorrow is another day. Happy Early Hump day! :)

2 comments:

Old Man said...

today would be the day to stay home in the pj's and watch the snow.

Marathon Maritza said...

oh my gosh, I've been quoted! I'm so honored!

Perhaps I should trademark 'poopy slug'?

Hope you feel better soon!