Recently, like in the last 3 weeks, I've noticed that my internet doesn't even want to connect to the provider at night. When I wake up in the morning, it's connected. So, I've scheduled an appt for the lines to be looked at tomorrow while I'm at work. Seriously, I work 20 mins away from home and Charter is only open while I'm at work. So, I'm going in LATE today to deal with charter. I cannot wait until they have some competition in this area. Just makes me want to go back to dial up!! I did switch out my modem so I've eliminated that as a possible problem. This one is smaller, which is nice.
It gets better...I logged into my M-Tek, Inc account to email everybody & their granny that would be looking for me at my desk this morning just to tell them I was coming in late. Noticed that an email was forwarded to my boss to pass along to us. It basically said that we are going to implement software to track all internet usage so if you are logging into your web based email or internet sites during the day, don't do it. My boss seemed to shrug it off a little by his tone. He said that it's not as harsh as it sounds. As long as we are not logging into anything that could compromise our security, we are ok. (I'm confused, since when did anyone really want to compromise our security & how would they do it anyway?) Well, shoot! I love logging into my charter, nashville striders website, & this blog during lunch (or the few breaks that I do take).
Number 1 (internet is shaky at home)
Number 2 (internet is basically limited at work)
Why doesn't someone just cut my legs off next?!
My solution...Mar 1st, I'm due another cell phone. (Yes, I hate Verizon, also, along with charter! They have no competition here!) Thinking of getting a phone where I can check my email on it. Anyone have one of those? If so, which one & what do you recommend?
I did my usual cross training last night, watched a lot of news on the destruction. I'm simply speechless & to think I slept through it not knowing how serious it truly was for some people. My heart & prayers go out to them. News channel 5 was saying that they are taking donations. I need to check into that when I'm not cut off from the World Wide Web.
I did stay up last night to watch Eli on Letterman. That was so funny! I've been watching David Letterman on & off since I was in middle/high school. That man is NEVER NOT funny! Eli got a standing ovation from the audience.
Ok, thanks for allowing me to "vent". There are bigger issues going on in TN other than my irritation with Charter, my injuries, & work. God bless those that are without their homes & those that lost loved ones.
1 comment:
we had charter in Ga I think, 'bout the same as comcast which we currently use.
hate the "we'll be there between 9-11 am and then they show at 2 pm" customer service stinks anymore.
Post a Comment