Bottom Line: I need to breathe when I run! For the 2nd time in 2 wks, I had to stop during a 10k race because of this condition. I ran another PW. I think I ran my 1st 10k slightly better than this but I couldn't swear to it. That was 2002 & I was well then! Anyway, long story short...it was a fun day, but not a good race for me. After I have the CMM 1/2 behind me, I'm heading to an allergist. If it means taking a pill or shot for the rest of my life to get this under control, then it's time. :( As I discussed with Arlene today, my 41 yr old body is changing. I could have asthma for all I know. I've not mentioned this on the blog yet but when I do speedwork, I've noticed that I have a wheezing sound. Ok, is that normal? Heck, I don't know but I plan to find out.
Lots of congrats to give & I hope you guys don't mind me posting your pics. I'm proud of ALL of you. Jeff & Hannah both did better than their Preds 5k times. Korley C. got 3rd in her age group (35-39)! As for pictures, you all lucked out. Elly didn't snap you at today's race. :P I held my phlegm rag to my face when I ran past her so no disgusting pic of me today. :)
Congrats to William on yet another 5k PR. I hope that you don't curse me during your HARD training sessions because of a "suggestion" in Dec. ha! I know I left a comment on your blog, but I'll say it here too. Get the knee well & keep running! I think it keeps us all young, healthy, & somewhat sane with the exception of those who did the Tom King this year. ha!

Congrats to Wayne on a HUGE PR! I'll be screaming for you to go UNDER 5 at the 19 mile mark at LP Field on Apr 26th.
Congrats to Tom P. on a 10k PR & thank you for adding 5 miles with me after the awards. We needed that! Tom & I took off slow but steady for 5 miles into a smelly part of town for our last longish run for the CMM 1/2. It was a 10:30 pace but after doing a 10k race, I was totally ok with that pace. So, we had 11.2 for the day. Tom, you will do GREAT with those legs, don't worry. :P
Also, thanks for getting my BHS 10k mug. (It may be my only age graded award for '08.) ha! You are too NICE! :)

I had a wonderful late lunch with Arlene. She is probably one of the best friends I'll ever have...a fabulous person. She is getting married in May to a 45 yr old man who seems so RIGHT for her. She's a young 60 yr old. I learn so much from her & if I am 1/2 the person she is at 60 I will be very happy. We can talk about anything & the next thing I know we are giggling like little girls. Today's subjects included religion, her upcoming marriage, his kids, my sinus condition, work, the housing market, etc... She really educates me in a lot of different ways. I've been talking to her & my cousin about religon a lot lately. Actually it all started when I had a conversation with someone about 2+ yrs ago, who had been studying all types of religions. You know how some people get when they hit the 40 yr old mark? We start searching for things, for answers, for reasons, for truth... Not to get too deep here but I'm trying to make sense of what I believe these days. My cousin, Patti, & Arlene both say that their religion seems to make the most sense to them. So, I'm widening my thoughts on that these days. Ahh, the 40s, a time of change, not only physically, but mentally.
2 comments:
Running is great, but racing took me to a whole new level of fitness. Thanks for "the suggestion."
I have a friend who had allergies like you and she reduced the symptoms after giving up drinking milk and eating dairy. Who knows, might work for you too.
Good luck, I hope it'll pass.
Forgot about the dairy connection, I've heard that as well.
I gave up the allergy meds in Atlanta, (allergy capital of the world) running seems to help mine, but I still have bouts of sneezing and running eyes. I just take something now when I get clogged up, otherwise sinus infection.
Both of the boys have done the shots and meds as well.
Good luck. I would have switch meds every year so, you build a tolerance to them after awhile.
Post a Comment