Ok, today might have balanced out yesterday in a big way but all is settled now, thank God. :)
Negativity: Part 1
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER prepay a hotel room on hotels.com & then expect to call & make any changes or God forbid inquire about an extra night. They will SCREW you!
I'm seriously tired of talking to customer service reps who can't speak nor understand English. When I called, I could tell it was going to be like pulling teeth to get the information.
You see, I have the Ramada @ the coliseum booked for the 24th & 25th of April. The ONLY purpose of my call was to find out what the 26th would cost me IF I added it. When she told me that the extra night would be $290, I said, "Heck no, don't want it. That's too expensive." She put me on hold & then came back with $80 less & I said no again. She put me on hold AGAIN only to come back with $175 as the price. I said no yet again & told her to leave the reservation as is....then I got off the phone only to receive an email 5 mins later on my blackberry telling me I've been charged $290 for an extra night at the freaking Ramada @ the coliseum. I called back & was put on hold for nearly 20 mins so I hung up. I called back again & somehow got cut off. I called back a 3rd time & finally got someone who seemed to understand what happened. He proceeded to explain everything & how I would be credited within 30 days. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. I told him it was not my fault that this happened. He apologized, etc, etc... Anyway, he did what he could to cancel it, I called the credit union, & I went online to cancel the entire reservation myself. Sorry, but I do NOT trust Hotels.com anymore. I was so MAD! I then called the Ramada directly & explained the entire scenario. The woman said they didn't have any rooms available that weekend which is no surprise but that she would check the fax to see if my cancellation had come through yet. It was right there!! Apparently, when I cancelled the entire reservation online, it threw the room out there for someone else to book but somehow they had a much better room open. I held my breath when she told me the price. Originally, we had 2 nights for $269.00. (taxes & all) This room had 2 queen beds & a hair dryer. That's it. The room that I ended up with for the same 2 nights has 2 KING beds, a rollaway, refrigerator, & microwave in it for $270. (taxes & all) $1 dollar difference & I won't be charged for the room until we check into the hotel. I will NEVER book online again with hotels.com. I will just call the hotel directly. I'm going to watch my credit card closely for not 1 but 2 refunds. The refund for the original $269 on the first reservation & the $290 that they added today. Talk about a total screw up that woman is....she really needs to be fired. I cringe when I hear the commercial on TV now. So, I'm trying to look on the bright side...much better room for basically the same price! :)
I got in a good cross training night with 1 hr 5 mins elliptical at a much more moderate pace than normal, free weights on the arms, some stretching, & 15 mins of power walking on the treadmill. (I was going for some calorie burn tonight!)
Negativity: Part 2
As I'm heading home, I realize I haven't slapped the seat belt on so I reach down to pull it on & then literally 5 secs later, I see blue lights. (Did I mention that I sometimes feel people watching me? Odd?) A state trooper had seen me at an intersection just up from the gym without my seat belt on. Can you believe that? I ALWAYS wear my seat belt but I have to admit, I'm bad about backing out of the drive way & getting 1/2 mile up the road then I buckle up. I realize there's no excuse for it. I should buckle up before I even turn on the ignition. Anyway, after almost begging him not to give me a $20 ticket, he finally agreed to a warning. I actually thought the ticket would be way more than that. So, FYI, they are out looking at you in your cars at intersections, please buckle up, it's the law. :) I thanked him for my safety & took off.
I'm ready for Friday!! :)
4 comments:
Wow! I've had bad luck with cops lately. Well... I guess I should say good luck. I'm getting pulled over by the same cop in the same spot at the same time. And he's letting me go! It's quite embarrasing that I can't control my speed!!! I'm glad he let you outta the ticket!
Oh wow!! I don't like the online travel stuff all that much. I usually check their prices and then get the hotel to match it.
If they end up totally messing up your res you can always stay with us! We're just a 1.5 mile jaunt from the stadium. =)
check out bororunners offer for a FREE hotel room for CMM on the striders board.
Geez girl, what a mess. Yesterday just wasn't your day. Hope today is much better! Thanks again for the awesome birthday present. You Rock!! Can't wait to see you in June.
Post a Comment