Monday, December 15, 2008

Sign me up, Cowboy!

Like I've said in previous posts, until I know exactly where the shin is at, I'm not planning much for '09. Tomorrow, though...I'm signing up for the CMM 1/2 simply because I've talked too many family & friends into doing it yet again. (Thanks for the codes, Anderson & the trainer that's holding the backend of the Civic straight on the slippery roads! ha!)

The big "IF" is New York...the NYC marathon & the Fall century ride. Paul S. & I both agreed today that "Leaves of Lincoln" may just fall into our plan quite nicely. Incidentally, Joe said something about going to NY on our 1 yr anniversary of our Halloween meeting. I reminded him that the NYC marathon is usually just a few days to a week after Halloween. So, he's going with me for sure "IF" I get in and "IF" I can train for it. I've already made up my mind that "IF" I get in & I can't start training by June, then I'll take a referral. We can then go to NY on Halloween. How's that for compromise? :P My '09 is based on a bunch of "IFs" but it's nice to know that for once, there's a good, fun, "We" in there for a change.

Tonight's spin was exceptionally sweaty for some reason, maybe the heat was on in there, who knows...(Kim, I finally ate my orange you gave us!)
Kim explains the correct form for everything & she makes the effort to keep us from hurting ourselves. :)

I also worked my abs & no I'm not obsessed with them but I refuse to have a lot of fat there. It's easier to keep fat off there for me then off my behind. :P I did burn 100 calories on the elliptical before I ran into spin class tonight. Monday was productive as usual!

Ahhh, I'm sitting here smiling to myself knowing full well that this time next week, I'll be hugging on a beagle, a nephew, & possibly strolling the decorated river walk of San Antonio. Texas is calling my name...

1 comment:

JoeinNashville said...

Always fun with more than just yourself involved (at least that's my view too)...