Friday, April 4, 2008

Chicken with head cut off!


I got in such a hurry tonight to get things done for tomorrow, I banged the side of my head into a closet door. I have a nickel size goose egg on the left side of my forehead near the temple. OUCH!

Things are packed & ready to go. (You know I think it's rather rude to RSVP to an event 24 hrs before the event.) :( I've left two post-its out in obvious places so I don't run out without the cake in the morning. Michele C. did a great job! She's going to put "Cheers to Hannah & Jeff" or "Cheers to the future Mrs. Hauser" on it. I'm going to ask for a couple of frozen grapes on a toothpick to put on it. ha! The games, give aways, & candles for guests are in the trunk along with my shower clothes. I'll throw the rest of my stuff in my gym bag in the morning. I'm only getting up 1 hour earlier than I do during the week. I should be at BHS by 6:45am at the very latest. I hope we don't have rain but at least I already know that I'll live if I have to run a race in it & it's ONLY a 10k. :P ha!
I'll be heading to April's in the 'boro to shower, then to Party City for last minute stuff, & then Bonefish. I could use a martini right now just thinking about tomorrow! ha!
I'm looking forward to the race with NO expectations. I know I won't get a PW because my PW is just over 58 minutes from '02. My last two 6.2 training runs had one just under 56 mins & the other just barely over 57. I won't be anywhere near my PR that's for dang sure! I figure this race & the Purity 10k will give me an idea of where I am on this distance. It should give me an idea of my finish time for the CMM 1/2. I just opened up my paperwork from them just now. I'm in corral 8.
I'm a little disapointed that the Jeff Fisher Charity Softball game is the 28th of June. I'll be in NYC then. I sure wish they would move that event back into May. :(
I have to admit, as the concert of the season approaches, I'm getting excited!! I cranked up my Daughtry in the car earlier. I know 2 women who will be swinging from the rafters of the Sommet center Apr 24th!! ha! I can't wait to see you, Patti!
I'm going to toot Patti's horn here for a minute. She's been on weight watchers since the beginning of January & she's been trying to train for the CMM 1/2. She's lost over 20 lbs!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I;m in coral 8 also....I guess they only put the good folks in coral 8 :-)