Monday, April 21, 2008

Lance's Boston

2:50:58 - Lance Armstrong

I really like him and that's putting it lightly. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK we need to talk.

I hate that LA receives so much attention at marathons...he is NOT an elite runner.

he looked, dare I say, fat...and what was with his shorts? and he had paw-paw black socks on...

and...
and...
and...

what?? he gets his OWN tape to break?

Sorry my little TN lisa...but we definitely dont agree on this one..

if maybe he took running (AND TRAINING) more seriously then I would have some respect for his approach to the sport.

OK...sorry bout the rant

HUGE HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Didn't know about the "own tape to break" thing? What was the reason of that?

He does so much for cancer research give him some slack on his training. :P
He knows he has nothing to prove. He's already proven it. He's a recreational runner who breaks the 3 hr barrier.

You should join in on the mayhem of the nashville strider's message board. They have a hey day with this subject. ha!

If I could "look" fat and break 3 hrs in a marathon in black socks then so be it. :)

No problem with the rant. :P

Old Man said...

Lance rocks.

he's retired.

2:50 is smokin', any other race that puts you in the top 20. (geez most recreational runners can't run that pace for a 5k)

yet, he'll continue to get dissed, same as others who have sold out. (I don't think Lance has sold out)

Lisa said...

I agree, he's retired, and yet he still manages to pull a sub 3 hr marathon out with his busy life.

He can run naked for all I care, I just want to be the one holding the tape he breaks if he ever does that! :)