I was snowed in yesterday & didn’t like it one bit. I had an overhang collapse from the snow off the front of the house. Sounded like someone rolled a dead body off the roof. Crazy, heavy snow we got down here! I didn’t do an official measurement like everyone else but I know I had between 6-8 inches sitting on the front porch. It was like bricks when I moved it. ! I don’t think I’ve seen snow like this since I had snow drifts against my house near Ft. Campbell in 1994 or 1995.
It really bites that I had to burn a vacation day, too. I’m usually a vacation day horder but the holidays (Oct – Dec) sort of drained mine. I have slightly less than 3 days left right now but I will earn another 3.75 days on Mar 7th so I can’t gripe too much. At least I work somewhere where we earn it & the longer you’re there the more you earn. I know a lot people are doing snow day dances. I’m going to start doing the melt the damn snow dance.
As for the snow, it’s mostly slush right now & I would have loved to have run yesterday in it but I’m still in the boot. Doc Bell lives in Lynchburg & couldn’t make it into his office so my stitches will come out first thing Wed morning. Hooray!!! Two weeks, one day, & a half with my baby toe wrapped in a boot & all I could do was Jillian Michael’s yoga & abs dvds. I cannot wait to do some serious cardio soon! I am crossing my fingers that I make it to the 90 minute hot yoga class on Thursday evening!
So very proud of Joe getting in his run on Sunday even though it was pretty dang cold. He got in 11.6 at an 8:17 pace & he did some hills. This weekend looks ideal for running. We’ll be in the ‘homa all weekend so he gets to run here. He is really loving his Garmin.
I’m still working on my NYC training schedule. It’s hard to plan something that far out when in the meantime so much could change. All I know is that I’m going to follow some sort of plan & I’d love to have a 22 miler in there about 3-4 weeks out. I want to keep at least one day of weights & one day of abs & yoga in there. I just can’t imagine not doing any yoga at all. My body has become such a fan of it. As for the bike this summer, let’s just say that if I get to it, I get to it. Running will take center court!
No comments:
Post a Comment