Saturday, January 8, 2011

8 days into 2011

Titans:
http://www.dwyerwire.com/
Totally agree with John Dwyer…truly sad to see talent wasted but hope that VY finds a way to finally mature & do well somewhere else. Next year will be interesting! Sometimes you just have to scrap it all & start again…

My left baby toe-toe:
With the stitches still in & the foot still wrapped, I have the dilemma of whether to go try out the new 90 minute Hot Yoga class in the ‘homa. Obviously, my balance would be off but the sweating through the bandage factor bothers me more so I decided to put off hot yoga till next week. Stitches will for sure come out of the toe on Monday so I hope to be wearing TWO WIDE shoes next week. Whoo Hoo!

The Gym:
Harvey’s is trying to lure me back & I know there’s been some free one month cards floating out into the mail boxes recently of current members. (Why not send them to people who have expired?! Duh!) So, I’m tempted…mainly because I’m craving the routine even though I’ve done well over the last 4-5 months of getting up early, getting out the door for 5 am runs & for yoga early in the mornings all by myself. I do miss the ellipticals with the personal TVs on each & every one of them. (Yes, we’re spoiled in the ‘homa’s main gym! They’ve also added a spin room.)

Until I make a decision or come up with a 1 month free card, Me & the boot will continue to do weight machines & ab work at DW. Running outside is where I prefer to run so maybe, just maybe by the end of this month I’ll be back at it, slowly & with a few miles here n’ there. My Jillian Michael's DVDs are a life saver. I've done the yoga a few times since the toe surgery & I did the abs DVD this morning (modifying some moves) & got a good sweat going.

I am avoiding the local “Warrior Dash” (which is in Sept) simply because I hope to be running some LONG runs around that time with no issues. Working on my plan!

Books:
I finished the last of the Plum series books from Janet Evanovich on our way to MI, Dec 22nd & started “Decision Points” Dec 26th. (Talk about going from fluff to real stuff & yes, I cried during the chapter on 9/11) I finished GW’s book last Sunday. As I said previously, he’s got a great sense of humor & I don’t blame him for writing about his “decisions”. I think every President should & most have… At least with this book, I can remember certain things when they actually happened. It was a good read, long but very informational, yet entertaining.

I also finished Meb Keflezighi’s book, “Run to Overcome”. If this guy can’t make you appreciate being an American, nobody can! As a child living in a tiny, war torn country, he actually ate dirt at times to try to get some nutrients into his body. Thanks to his brave parents, he & all his siblings eventually got out of the country, lived in Italy for a short time, & then in San Diego, where he eventually became the US top Miler. Of course much later on getting the Silver Medal in Athens & winning the ’09 NYC marathon…what an inspiring story! I feel so honored to have met him at the Vegas. What do both of these books above have in common? These guys have faith in God & believe in the power of prayer.

Ahh, more bad weather  heading our way...which will cut my weekend with Joe short but better safe than sorry.

Be safe on the roads people!!

No comments: