Thursday, January 13, 2011

A couple of “new” things to do, almost…

P90X:
There’s been a lot of banter on FB lately about it.
I actually thought about getting it over a year ago but decided not to since I thought the impact would slow down the shin healing. I had tried a few of the exercises in Carla’s classes & man they were difficult. I knew I’d better wait. Well, I’m itching to do it but I also want to make sure I have the time (& energy) to get the running base built up. We shall see…

Hot Yoga:
I was so excited to do something I’ve NEVER done, Hot Yoga.
A week or so ago Kim C. told me she & Pam were going to hot yoga.
I wanted to go so bad. Well, today, I finally could but class got cancelled.
Major bummer!

Books:
I used the rest of my gift card Cheryl sent this week on two books. I ordered the “Lore of Running” by Dr. Noakes & a Kristin Armstrong book off Amazon. It’s called, “The 26.2 Most Important Reasons Why Women Run”. It looked interesting. I used to read her articles in Runner’s World. “Lore of Running” is over 900 pages. Maybe I’ll finish it by the time Kristin’s book is delivered Mar 1st. ha!

Left Baby Toe-Toe:
Stitches are out FINALLY!
If only I had open toe’d running shoes.
Wow, it hurt when Doc Bell pulled those stitches up to snip, snip! Ouch!
It was tender the entire day yesterday so I’m still not out of the boot just yet.
It sure feels great to only have a bandaid on it, though. Hammer toes are pretty common & mine weren’t extreme at all. They only hurt because I run long. If I only ran short little runs, I would have never had the surgery. I’m taking the shoe thing on a day to day basis. I’m hoping within the next week, I can get my foot in a running shoe & kick the asphalt.

Weekend:
Hoping to see "Country Strong" this weekend....lots of buzz about it.
Plans for Trivia at Los Trojas with the Heusers & possibly the Lesters Saturday night. Fun!
Rooting for the Packers & the Bears this weekend!

No comments: