Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm back....

....to some morning workouts & at Harvey's for a month anyway...for FREE! (Thanks Erin & Wayne!)
Most likely I may renew since they're offering a deal & told me that if I do move, they'll refund me the remainder of the membership. Can't really complain.

I spent 65 minutes on an elliptical & did weights today. 
Saturday, I did 30 min ABs & 30 min yoga (Jillian Michael's) & I jammed my baby toe into my yoga mat at one point. OUCH!!!!!!!! 
Sunday, I just did about 35-40 mins of yoga.
I will tell you my arms have been so sore the last few days. The ABs & yoga dvds really work your arms. I noticed that the old weights that I used to use at Harvey's were too light for me today. Body weight training does work & the weights at DW Wilson have helped too.
Looks like it's going to take a bit longer for me to be able to get my foot in a shoe, let alone run but I'll keep trying. Goal now is to start back by the end of January. :-)
Joe did get in his run (13.1 in 1:52:15, yes, per his garmin he has a new half marathon PR.)

The weekend was good n' busy.
We saw "Country Strong" with Gwyneth Paltrow (filmed in Nashville).
It's worth seeing. I won't give anything away but I will say, pay attention to the last show they "supposedly" do in Dallas. It was done at the Bridgestone arena. We noticed but only someone familiar with downtown Nashville would notice. Nick Beres of Channel 5 news & a few others had "interview" cameos in it.
We also rented "The Kids Are All Right" after watching the Golden Globes Sunday night. Had to see it.
We did trivia at Los Trojas with Hannah & Jeff.  Always Fun!!

We're officially registered for the 2011 NYC marathon. I'm so looking forward to the first Sunday in November!!  :-)

Enjoyed the three day weekend. Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. day!

No comments: