Ran (or rather slogged 4 miles) Saturday in Joe’s hilly ‘hood.
I think the pace I kept was around 11:15-11:20. Had to keep it light & easy on the toe-toe.
Since the garmin said "low battery" I had to charge it for 45 minutes before I could head out & it seemed fine. After I got back, I put it on the cradle & left it about an hour.
When I took it off later that afternoon, it wouldn’t even turn on. Arg!
So, we took it to fleet feet & asked them for advice...maybe the battery was possibly going totally DEAD. I mean what is the standard “life expectancy” of garmins, really? I’ve had mine roughly 3.5 years. The dude said that I did good to have it that long. (Yes, I did use it on my bike while my shin was cracked so it’s not like it got a long break from “use”.) So, Sunday, I decided to go another 4 miles with Joe (pace was around 10:40s with hills). Joe was basically running just to be running. My garmin fired up just fine but showed a low battery life. So, I charged it for about 45 mins & used it. STRANGE! I don’t know whether to call Garmin & send it off or buy a new one. I am determined to find time to research the life expectancy of them. If I send it off & pay them to fix it, I’d like it to last a while. If it’s only going to last another 6 months or so I might as well by another one.
Guess it’ll just be a gamble….
Boy, could I feel those hills in my quads. I never walked since I was going so SLOW.
So VERY glad the toe is healing. I did a lot of stretching over the weekend, though.
This week the base building starts…….ssllooww & eeaassyy.
No comments:
Post a Comment