Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Freebies: Sparkles, Predators, Movies, & 2 extra gym months

Check out the Predators Tickets – Toyota deal online. We scored big time with 3 sets of tickets for 3 different games in the month of February. (2 sets in lowers & 1 set in club)

We used a free movie redbox code 2X this past weekend. (2 Different accounts-mine & Joe’s) So, if it’s still good try “DVDONME” free redbox code. This time of the year through March, I tend to catch up on movies I didn’t see in the theater. Loved “Letters from Juliet” even though it was very predictable. Hated “Dinner with Schmucks” & I’m a Steve Carell fan. One word describes it, “frustrating”.

We also won free cupcakes at the “Sparkles” cupcake shop in Lenox Village Sunday night on FB. We were two of the 1st 20 people to make a comment on their site. Ha!

I’m using a Living Social discount on a 1 hr massage this Friday in Smyrna.
$30 for 1 hour…Can’t wait!! (Smyrna Merle Norman Spa)

This has me fired up to actually spend time looking for deals.
These just sort of fell into our lap!

Workouts:
I didn’t even try to run on the toe this past weekend but I did try this morning. After ½ a mile on a treadmill, the toe said, “enough” of that. I will try again this weekend outside. I did get in tons of time on the elliptical over the weekend. (not at warp speed/steep incline) Pilates class was GREAT Saturday! Note to self: do the scissors move more often. Always makes my lower abs sore! I got in some weight machines too. I am starting to see an overall improvement with things but NOT running does NOT do my body good. This week I’m trying to turn it up a notch. Hot yoga won’t happen this week, though. Probably next week, hopefully. Since I just gave Harvey’s $ I’m thinking I may not buy a hot yoga pass after all but the first visit is FREE. Who knows, I may change my mind. I re-joined Harvey’s for 14 months Saturday morning. I paid for 12 but got 14 months. I ONLY did this with the agreement that they’d refund my membership fees for the unused months if I moved. Win-Win situation!

And…how ‘bout those Packers!? I’ve been saying all along all season that I wanted them to go all the way. (Who would have thought they’d have to beat the Bears to make it to the Super Bowl?!) I was torn but the better team won. Now if they can just beat the “iron curtain!” And thank you, Jesus, we don’t have to listen to Mr. Ryan anymore. Gesh, maybe he’ll have more time for his foot fetish thing.

And lastly...welcome to the world Hobbes Benjamin Schwer (Paul & Jessie are parents as of this afternoon).   :-)

No comments: