We started at 9:00am but we got there early enough for me to get 4.5 SLOW miles in before the start at a 10:19 pace. The temperature got to 50 degrees by 9:00am which means I ditch my singlet, put on gloves, & of course I'm wearing shorts NOT tights. This weather seems to be teetering a little bit on the temps lately. I'm freezing one day & sweating the next.
Anyway, I allowed myself about 10 minutes to hit the portapotties & get lined up with our run club. The course was fairly flat with a few small hills thrown in just to annoy me. I probably started out a little too fast but I really wanted to make it hurt. To me 5ks seem to be the hardest on my body. I want to puke when I finish them when it's a hot day. Thank goodness it wasn't hot.
My official time was 23:40. I took one whole minute off a PR I set way back in 2006 on the hilly Predators fangtastic course. I pretty much gave it everything I had this morning knowing full well I needed to run another 6.4 afterwards.
At the finish line my garmin read 3:16 at a 7:31 pace. I managed to squeak into a 3rd place age group medal & I got my 4th PR in a race distance since Oct 7th's Chicago marathon! :-)
Mile 1: 7:18 (probably the fastest mile I've ever run)
Mile 2: 7:31 (ugh, hills!)
Mile 3: 7:47 (yep, I went out too fast)
.1: 7:08
I did add on the rest of my 14 miles after I had about 10 minutes to recover. My pace varied from a 9:14-11:00 pace but it got done. No more racing on long run days for me. Next weekend depending on our plans, I will either drop back to 10 or I will shoot for another 14 miler. We have a lot going on this month but I will get it ALL done. :-)
We had nine people place in our club today. NRC rocked the awards. Joe snagged 2nd age group & was so happy!
Now he can stop whining that he's the only NRC member with a Boston Qualifying time with no age group awards. LOL!

1 comment:
Great job on the PR!!! You rocked it!
Post a Comment