Sunday, July 20, 2008

Low Key Weekend of Cross Training, what else?

Saturday morning, I managed to get in 20 mins slow on the bike & my 200+ yoga ball crunches before pilates started. Carla was rather easy on us, no bands this week! :)
I early voted (can't wait for the signs to come down!) & headed to the swimplex for 45 mins of aqua jogging & some swimming. (45 mins wears me out!) I ate way too much on friday so I had to kick it up a notch. I pretty much had the indoor pool to myself & the outdoor pool wasn't that crowded. NICE!

Today was a 2 hr walk....yes, 2 hrs walking while reading & watching tv at the gym. I also did all my weight machines & some free weights for my arms. I feel tired today. I guess it's the heat. The news says that some places will see 100 degrees tomorrow. :(
Some man in the gym told me that I must work out every day because he's been seeing me a lot lately. Well, sure...I'm in there more now that I can't run. I think he thought he offended me because he said I looked good. I thanked him..... ha!

I had wanted to see "Momma Mia" this weekend but man the theaters were crazy this weekend with the release of "The Dark Knight" so I may try to go next weekend. Personally, dark knight just looks like it might bother me. When did Batman movies get so dang scary. I don't know...maybe I will go if I can sit in someone's lap. ha!

Now I'm thinking I should go touch up the hedges. The yard is so dry, not much growth over last week so the mowing can wait a while but the hedges are starting to look like something from "The Dark Knight".
I hope everyone had a great weekend, I sure did. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you had wrote that you had got in to see DK, I was gonna come to TN and kick your ass! ;o)

i am a HUGE HUGE movie fan, and i have been salivating waiting for DK to come out!!! but no way was i gonna attempt it this weekend!!!

but you can bet i will be there NEXT weekend!!! if not before :O)

Lisa said...

I hope to see "Momma Mia" next weekend but "Dark Knight"....not so sure.
I only see maybe 5-6 movies a year because I'm so finicky with what I want to see & it's so expensive.