Friday, May 30, 2008

June is looking Fun & Busy

June 7th/8th:
I will run the Moon Pie course again on one of these days even if I have to do it alone. Why? It's peaceful, it's NOT Tullahoma, & there's a cool ice cream shop I can hit at the end. (I'm not helping with Mach Tenn this year.)
I may stop by the Soapbox derby to take some photos of my friends who help every year.....Ted J. & Coach Lester usually help load & weigh cars. Terry Q's son is usually in a car flying down hill too. It's pretty cool to see boys & girls ripping down Sonic hill!

June 14th/15th:
I booked the white water rafting trip that should have happened last year with Patti. She broke her big toe right before she left MI last year & I had to cancel at the last minute. The Ocoee is mild. It's not a rough rafting trip at all but I usually end up screaming because I'm a big wuss anyway. I did the Upper one year that has the '96 Olympic course on it. Last year we did the Middle. This year it's the Middle again. One day, I want to do the FULL day trip. It's so BEAUTIFUL! :)
Not sure what long run I'll plan for that weekend but it will have to happen on the 15th.
(Or Friday the 13th!)

June 21st/22nd:
Weekend of the Moon Pie 10 miler. So hot, so hilly, so humid, but everyone who's addicted comes....it's a must do. I'm still trying to find the "mojo" to do it. I had thought I would just volunteer the whole time instead of running it. Either way, I want to be there. In my mind, it's a "requirement" to be there!

June 28th/29th:
I'll be off a week during the 4th. June 28th will start the 3 day NYC excursion. When we get back late on July 1st, I'll probably crash for 2 days straight. I'm debating if I'll enter a race for the 4th. The one & only time I've ever done the Franklin Firecracker 5k was in '05. Patti & I did it. It was so HOT that I dry heaved about 30 feet from the finish line. I'll never forget the people standing at the finish line area looking at me like I was going to pass out. Patti just about passed out for real. I had to rub ice on her to get her to come back to life. Scary! I usually do the Marine Corp 5 miler on Arnold Air Force base around the 4th. It's been scheduled for the 5th this year! Who wants to race 5 miles after being out late looking at fireworks & possibly drinking?! I bet there's a VERY low turn out this year, who knows...
I really want to go to the Nashville fireworks this year on the river if I can wrangle some people into going. I have never been because I'm usually on Tim's Ford lake on a boat.

No comments: