Sunday, May 4, 2008

Something that resembles "jogging/walking"

Carla, Chris, & I met at her dad's for about 7 miles. I ran the first 4 ok but then I had to take some short walk breaks to do the usual sinus stuff. My legs seemed to loosen up from yesterdays jaunt on the trail.
My eyes started stinging so Carla offered me some of her tissues. I thought it was just sweat in my eyes but I sweat in my eyes a lot! They don't sting on every run, ya know... Odd? I had a sneezing fit afterwards, but decided to head to the gym for a slow 30 mins elliptical, some light leg weights, & stretching. I wanted to go to sleep in the yoga room, which means I am a bit sleep deprived.
I woke up this morning at 6:30am with one side of my head hurting. The right sinus cavity was aching. I cleared it with the Veramyst & applied a hot pad to it. I felt horrible so it's a wonder I got outside at all today. I told them that if they had not ran today, then I probably would not have run by myself. So, all is good. I just need a good HOT bath now. Got a good sweat going in the sun. Such a gorgeous day! We had a little breeze keeping us cool but it would have been good to just sit in a lawn chair with a book today. I don't know why that didn't enter into my mind! :(

Right now, I'm not that sore from the trail race, just a little stiff if I sit too long. Tomorrow will be a total cross training day for me. Tuesday, I've got my dear friend, Scott, coming over to cut down a couple of bushes that are taking over the house. I may run a few miles in the neighborhood after he leaves or I may just work in the yard. Wednesday, I have tentative plans to run with Carla & Chris. Chris has had a schedule change at work, which means he'll be available to run the evenings more. Yippee! Thursday is up in the air, I may get ALL the mowing done. Friday, will be my longer run of the week. I've got too much going on to run Saturday but I do plan to be in pilates for the first time in a few weeks.

No comments: