When I got to Hannah's, I found quite a few things that Zorro had drug into the living room. (Two bears & a bathroom rug to start with!) I would have taken a photo of it for Hannah if I had not been a hurry to get out the door. They had a ton of mail. I think their wedding proofs came in from FL. They'll be so excited!
I also noticed Zorro's dry food dish was completely empty. He hardly touched it while I was there for 3 days. Could he be binge eating? ha! Maybe he misses his brother, Stanley. The dog is in the kennel & he's probably pissed, too. Animals, they have personalities that are just too funny at times.
I thought to myself, "What the heck, drive on up for a Wed night E. Nashville run." Hey, I'm all about change! I've run there before back in late Jan right before the plague hit me. (The sinus infection that took 2 months to go away!) It's pretty hilly. The first leg was 3.72 according to my garmin & the last leg was 1.85. I have not even looked at my pace yet but I tried to push it down the first 2.5. I got the crap in my throat & Chuck was kind enough to let me use his Memorial Day shirt to spit on & wipe my face. I had forgot my rag! :(
Met some great people, some I remembered from the Jan run & I've met at races. Jill suggested I start using my heart rate monitor. I admit, I've been too lazy to take it out of the box. I've had this particular garmin since Sept & never used the monitor!
I believe just about everyone decided to go into a bar across from "Bongo Java". The name escapes me right now. 2 for 1 beers...too bad I don't like beer. I lived in Germany for 2 yrs & never even tried their beer. I drank water & headed home. Fun evening! :)
Tomorrow, the yard will have me all over it! :P
2 comments:
Thanks for coming all the way to the 'hood. It was nice after several years to finally meet you. You can totally kick my butt on the run...!! See you Sat...SO looking forward to it, I started having dreams about the movie...funny.
Hope the shin is behaving also.
Nice meeting you too!
It was fun and hey, it's only gas and time on the road. I can't stop thinking about the lonely cat. :(
Post a Comment