Monday, September 29, 2008

3 months of "busy"

I slept really well last night. After "Desperate Housewives" went off, I finished my "Chelsea Handler" book & went right to sleep. When I woke up, I felt weird. (like I had been to a party the night before...almost as if I had been at some loud bar) I wasn't hung over or anything. I only had a margarita & a raspberry rum slush in the 1st quarter. By the time everyone got rowdy, we were well into the 2nd 1/2. I had people behind me screaming, "It's good to be a TN Titan!" and "4 and 0!" One little boy, probably 10 or 12 sitting directly behind me was giving his own commentary on each play. He was cracking me up! At work today, everyone's talking about the weekend's games. No more titan's home games until Oct 27th & I'm totally leaving that one up to Hannah. That's a work night, ya know, but I'm not ruling it out! :P The following Sunday after that game is the Green Bay game at home on Nov 2nd. Go Aaron Rodgers! I hope his shoulder injury isn't as serious as they are saying.

A Thanksgiving road trip may be in the making. I may ride up to Detroit with the Heusers. (Hannah & Jeff) Jeff's daughter, Skylar, lives in the same hometown as all my MI relatives. (Waterford, Michigan) Patti & I had thrown the idea out there about attending the Titans - Lions game on Thanksgiving day. I think it's a 12:30 kick off. So, that's back on the table. Who knows... We're just playing it by ear & the fact that a few of her patients are giving her free tickets is sure making it seem more appealing.

My week & some of my upcoming weekend will involve some packing. I hope I don't get into a discussion with my mother over furniture. She's a furniture fanatic. She'd love it if I would take 1/2 of hers but I don't want it. I have my OWN furniture. I'm a minimalist & so are my sisters. (mainly Deb & myself) We've learned to buy good pieces we like that last forever & are fully functional. There is nothing in my possession that I'm attached to but I do like it all. I have a few antiques that belonged to my paternal grandmother. It's not that I don't like mom's pieces but I have my own & it's really just an excuse for her to buy more. She is the queen of overloading rooms with big, fancy furniture. (Another sign I'm my dad's child. ha!)
Speaking of dad, he's pretty much agreed to keep an eye on her so I don't have to stress much over her. My parents divorced when I was 33, dad remarried, & lives less than 2 miles away. So, that is a bit of a relief. Maybe he can come do her yard for her. :) If you had told me that I would be facing the "aging parent's phase" of my life at 41, I would have never believed it. I was hoping this stuff wouldn't happen until my 50's or 60's. Such as life....

The next few months will be crazy.
Oct 4th: Leaves of Lincoln ride
Oct 16th: Gymnastic Olympians with Pam at the Sommet Center
The rest of the month, I'm moving....

November might be a time to regroup since I'll be unpacking everything & possibly the Michigan road trip at the end of the month will be a welcome escape IF it pans out.
Nov 6th: I have my next X ray on my shin. There better be some serious healing going on that shows on the X ray or I'm liable to throw myself on the floor & have a fit right there in the office.

December.....I celebrate 42 wonderful years on this earth & that will definitely include going to the Browns home game for sure on Dec 7th. Plus Hannah's birthday is that time too! That might be a good time to do the General Jackson pregame ride. :P
December 22-27th, I'll be in the great state of Texas. :)

No plans for New Years yet.....ummmmmmmmmmm...............

Tonight's workout will consist of the usual.
35 mins aqua jogging
45 min spin class

1 comment:

Old Man said...

feel for you on the moving. my next move will be in a box 6 foot down. I'm done moving.

you're burnin' up the bike, the cool temps should make for a great LOL