7 yrs ago I was sitting at the academy alone in my office. A maintenance man was the one who broke the news to the Procurement office. We, obviously, didn't have a TV around, just a radio & the internet. I kept thinking to myself later on how it seemed so unreal to me. It looked like a movie scene on the news. It makes me teary eyed when I think about the lives lost, the lives that were changed forever, & the massive buildings down. To see it now, it just looks like a bunch of construction going on. When Hannah, Cheryl, & I stood there behind glass in the World Financial Center this past June, it still didn't seem real to me. I kept imagining how I would have reacted had I been there. In 2012, I want to go back to see the memorial.
I remember where I was when I heard Elvis died. (Aunt Clara's farm)
I remember where I was when I heard Reagan was shot. (8th grade history class)
I remember where I was when I heard Lennon was shot. (on a school bus)
I remember where I was when I heard Lady Diana died. (on my back porch swing early on a Sunday morning.)
I will ALWAYS remember 9-11-01.
No comments:
Post a Comment